none
Activating Windows 7 Home Premium after 30 days

Question

• Can some one help me. 

I am running Parallels on my Mac Airbook. I purchased and downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium from the Parallels website and installed it. I must have skip the "Activation" step when installing due to time constraints. It has now been approx 60-90 days and I am not constantly getting the "Windows is not genuine" error message. 

As I now have a minute to research it I appears as i needed to "Activate" the software within 30 days. Opps - now what. None of the info out there seems to address this issue. 

Thanks in advance for any coaching. 

Monday, May 21, 2012 12:09 AM

Answers

• Right Cick My Computer go to properties. Scroll down to the bottom and you will have the option to change product key. When you do this you would enter in the product key that came with the software when you purchased it. It will give you the option to activate it.

Also you could open a command prompt and type slmgr /rearm and that would extend your trial for another 30 days until you can find your key. You can only do this 3 times which gives you a total of 120 day trial

Monday, May 21, 2012 1:22 AM

All replies

• Right Cick My Computer go to properties. Scroll down to the bottom and you will have the option to change product key. When you do this you would enter in the product key that came with the software when you purchased it. It will give you the option to activate it.

Also you could open a command prompt and type slmgr /rearm and that would extend your trial for another 30 days until you can find your key. You can only do this 3 times which gives you a total of 120 day trial

Monday, May 21, 2012 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

find attatched a article to activate Windows 7:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer

Kind regards,

Tim
    MCITP, MCTS
    http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:51 AM
  • "Tsprink" wrote in message news:ea88906e-40b6-46b0-a6be-b1b2ceff1e45...

Can some one help me.

I am running Parallels on my Mac Airbook. I purchased and downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium from the Parallels website and installed it. I must have skip the "Activation" step when installing due to time constraints. It has now been approx 60-90 days and I am not constantly getting the "Windows is not genuine" error message.

As I now have a minute to research it I appears as i needed to "Activate" the software within 30 days. Opps - now what. None of the info out there seems to address this issue.

Thanks in advance for any coaching.

telephone activation (operator calls)
    Click on the Start button
    in the Search box, type
    SLUI 4
    and hit the Enter key
    follow the instructions - but when asked which service you require by the telephone ansafone, do NOT reply - this should force an operator to respond, who can deal with you 

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, May 21, 2012 9:16 AM