none
Blackberry Desktop Manager

Question

• Has anyone been able to sync their blackberries over USB on Vista Beta 2 (Build 5384)? The RIM software installed fine, the USB driver installed fine, but the Desktop Manager software doesn't detect my blackberry (8700g). I've done some research on the RIM forums, and on blackberryforums.com and the only success stories involve Bluetooth; which my computer does not have.

Thanks

D

Monday, July 10, 2006 4:05 PM

Answers

• The sync program right now will not recognize any USB connection, but if you reset the HotSync application it self to compatability mode (Widows XP, Service Pack 2) then the USB option will re-appear and work fine. The base Outlook conduits do not work, but you can by-pass that with the Pocket Mirror software.
    Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:52 AM

All replies

• The sync program right now will not recognize any USB connection, but if you reset the HotSync application it self to compatability mode (Widows XP, Service Pack 2) then the USB option will re-appear and work fine. The base Outlook conduits do not work, but you can by-pass that with the Pocket Mirror software.
    Tuesday, July 11, 2006 3:52 AM
  •  Wmoening wrote:
    The sync program right now will not recognize any USB connection, but if you reset the HotSync application it self to compatability mode (Widows XP, Service Pack 2) then the USB option will re-appear and work fine. The base Outlook conduits do not work, but you can by-pass that with the Pocket Mirror software.
    William, I am currently experiencing the same trouble with the hotsync manager (intellisync) and I do not now how to reset the application itself to compatibility mode, could you help me with the required steps?

Thanks,

Carlos Q

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:58 PM
  •  Wmoening wrote:
    The sync program right now will not recognize any USB connection, but if you reset the HotSync application it self to compatability mode (Widows XP, Service Pack 2) then the USB option will re-appear and work fine. The base Outlook conduits do not work, but you can by-pass that with the Pocket Mirror software.
    Could you list me the steps to reset the HotSync application it self to compatability mode and by-pass it with the Pocket Mirror?
    Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:02 PM
  • I think you meant "Program Compatibility Wizard" not HotSync.  also, I changed the compatibility mode to XP SP2, but this did help as well.  if anyone has an accurate information related to this issue, please provide detail explanation. 

Thanks 

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:42 PM
  •  Daniel Bouganim wrote:

I think you meant "Program Compatibility Wizard" not HotSync.  also, I changed the compatibility mode to XP SP2, but this did help as well.  if anyone has an accurate information related to this issue, please provide detail explanation. 

Thanks 

Yes, BlackBerry Desktop Manager will work in XP SP2 compatibility mode - RIM are currently developing a Desktop Manager Patch that will be fully compaitible with Vista, this from what I've been told will be in the form of a Service Pack for the v4.2 Desktop Manager. My source at RIM has been unable to tell me when this will be available, but he expects it to be available from sometime April 2007.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:40 PM
  • it is already available.  checkout their website.
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:59 PM
  • I am also having issues with my Blackberry Desktop Manager & Vista.  I spoke with someone at RIM and they were unable to give me any information on the update.  You're message says that "it is already available.  check out theikr website" but I can't find it there either.  Do you have a direct link?  I'd appreciate any help you can provide.  I really need my Blackberry to communicate with computer!!  :0)   Thanks.  -Denise
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:00 PM
  • I found it this morning on the www.blackberry.com site (not www.rim.com):

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

It is a very, very slow install on my Vista system, be sure to "Run as Administrator".

Good luck, Marc

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 12:20 PM
  • I tried to download 4.2 SP2, waited an hour, and at the very end, I got a error message that disappeared and basically I'm back to square one of not being able to sync. 

Friday, October 05, 2007 11:04 PM
  • I have a Black Berry 8830 I also installed Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 making sure the antivirus and the Vista User Account Control was disabled, but it is still not working. I get the Blackberry to connect, but it's impossible to configure the synchronization to work with Oullook 2003.

Outlook 2003 does not even appear in the list of available application for sychronization. only  Outlook Express is available, but it doesn't work either...

The Service provider is not supporting Windows Vista yet, so I hope I can find some help here.... Any Idea?
    Saturday, October 20, 2007 5:55 PM
  • http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10732&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=33425260&stateId=0 0 33419737

I can get mine to sync on a usb cable!!!!!!

had to go do uninstall and reg cleaning as written.

Vista Ultimate, HP dv-9620us, blackberry 8830, and some luck......

Mike Pittinger Sr.

Translational Consolidated Data Corporation

Monday, October 29, 2007 6:10 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Did you ever get this straightened out?  I have Vista OS and just got a BB Pearl and when I try to run the Desktop Software, it doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Ellen

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:06 PM
  • Salam.

i ve got sum prob regarding desktop manager...

when i connect my device its screen disappears... n after disconnectin i recieve a messege from my network provider ie. warid telecom that the service u r tryin to use is not available...

besides desktop manager i am unable to connect my cell with nokia cell fone like N 95,N72 or any other data transferring device... i can use blue tooth only for my head set....[:-(]

can sum 1 help me out ....

plzzz

i ve got a big prob...

thanx in advance ...

tc

ALLAH HAFIZ

Monday, November 12, 2007 9:15 PM
  • How easy is the Pocket Mirror software to install and use?  I am a little nervous adding software to my blackberry.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:08 PM
  • I just bought a Blackberry.  I have Windows xp on my laptop and want to be able to synchronize Outlook back and forth between the two devices.  I have no clue how to do this and your dialogue so far is Greek to me.  Can anyone help?  Maybe send me to a website that walks me thorough it?

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 12:36 AM
  •  basit altaf wrote:

Salam.

i ve got sum prob regarding desktop manager...

when i connect my device its screen disappears... n after disconnectin i recieve a messege from my network provider ie. warid telecom that the service u r tryin to use is not available...

besides desktop manager i am unable to connect my cell with nokia cell fone like N 95,N72 or any other data transferring device... i can use blue tooth only for my head set....[:-(]

can sum 1 help me out ....

plzzz

i ve got a big prob...

thanx in advance ...

tc

ALLAH HAFIZ

Friday, July 11, 2008 5:33 PM
  • This is the link for Vista version of BlackBerry Desk Manager. I installed it, and it right in and uploaded everything from my BlackBerry right to my computer...

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22&dl=FB09AFFCF93FB281697801FC479954E7&step=4
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:02 AM