none
Brightness Settings Missing

Question

• Hello,
    I've noticed that my screen brightness settings have been disabled and I can't change it in any way. It used to appear under my power options, but now it has disappeared. I had an extreme setting. As in, I set the screen brightness to maximum when plugged in and minimum when on battery. And this setting works only during boot up. If I boot up plugged-in. I get the maximum brightness even if I disconnect the AC power source and vice-versa. Can somebody suggest a fix for this problem?
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:29 AM

Answers

• Read

You will find there a section how to adjust brightness automatically using adaptive brightness.

You may also need to go to your laptop manufacturer website and look for a drivers. It might be necessary if you want to use keys on your keyboards to decrease/increase brightness.

Depends on what Graphic Card do you have, go to its manufacturer website and see is there any software for controlling your graphic card. That kind of software may automatically adjust brightness when you unplug your laptop. It might be ATI Catalyst Control Center.. but everything depends what graphic card do you have, you need to find graphic cards manufacturer website.
    The Article
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/adjust-your-monitors-brightness-and-contrast

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:10 AM