none
slow windows 7 enterprise sp1

Question

• Dear all

My windows 7 laptop is very slow booting up and it is slow opening websites in ie9. The sub system is sufficient to run the OS and apps, I have 4GB of RAM, 3 core AMD processor, I have tried various trouble shooting steps like disable my AV and strip down the features within, disable plug-ins fir ie9, disable any un-necessary startup programs, can anyone suggest any tools (sysinternals) that I can use to monitor or capture what is happening behin the hood my my laptop so I can try and find out what may be causing the slowiness. I have performed a virus and maleware scan and my laptop is virus / malware free.

Friday, November 04, 2011 7:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You may boot the computer in Safe Mode and Clean Boot environment to check how it works.

Also, please run Task Manager, and adding the "Memory - Commit Size" column. Then sort by that column in descending order, and monitor the top processes and the value of that column over time.

After that, please launch Resource Monitor and temporarily suspend the processes which used the top memory value to see if the memory usage decrease.

If the above steps don’t work, there is the Windows Performance Monitor to do the trace to troubleshoot.

In addition, I would like to share the following with you:

Preventing low memory problems

Ways to improve your computer's performance

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, November 11, 2011 4:09 AM
    Monday, November 07, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of further assistance. 

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:53 AM