none
XSLTemplate Truncating Transformed XML Output String in IE10 (Win7 Preview)

General discussion

• I posted this in the MS Community IE10 Forum, but was suggested to post in the Technet forums since this was more complex then they usually dealt with.  I hope this is the correct spot for this, if not, or if there is a way to escalate it to a bug tracking list, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm working with a 3rd party application that is exporting XML and I'm transforming the XML into a JSON string client side in IE using XSLTemplate:

var xslt = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XSLTemplate");
    var xslDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument");
    xslDoc.loadXML(o.c.xslstr);
    xslt.stylesheet = xslDoc;
    var xslProc = xslt.createProcessor();
    xslProc.input = o.c.xmlobj;
    xslProc.transform();
    var results = xslProc.output;
    tel.empty().append(results);

This is working in IE8 (and Firefox using its methods, so the XML is good), but in IE10 (Win7 Preview) it is truncating the response at 46597 characters.  When the output is viewed in IE8, the slash+quote is not displayed like it is in the IE10 example and produces a string ~4600 characters long.  Transforms which produce smaller string outputs are working in IE10.  I don't have a Win8 system to test this against.

Partial listing of the truncated output from IE10 (Win7 Preview):

"{\"metadata\": {\"Types\":{\"IntelComponentRevision\":{\"name\":\"IntelComponentRevision\",\"fields\":{\"z3ShadowRefNum\":{\"name\":\"z3ShadowRefNum\",\"nomodnosub\":\"\",\"value\":\"\",\"length\":\"128\",\"type\":\"String\",\"displayname\":\"Legacy ID\"},\"z3FabProcess\":{\"name\":\"z3FabProcess\",\"value\":\"\",\"length\":\"32\",\"type\":\"String\",\"displayname\":\"Fab Process\",\"arraystringInterlov\":\"\",\"lovTag\":\"C$FAAAwfI9wuQB\",\"isCoordinatedLOV\":\"\",\"arrayprops\":\"TRUE,TRUE\",\"proptypes\":\"PROP_string,PROP_string\",\"attachdesc\":\"FALSE,FALSE\",\"iProps\":\"z3FabProcess,z3FabDotProcess\",\"interdepend\":
    <snip>
    ,\"z3CTQuesScalableCommnCode\":{\"name\":\"z3CTQuesScalableCommnCode\",\"nomodnosub\":\"\",\"value\":\"\",\"length\":\"0\",\"type\":\"Logical\",\"displayname\":\"Scalable Communication Core\",\"checkbox\":\"\"},\"z3CTQuesSpreadSpectrum\":{\"name\":\"z3CTQuesSpreadSpectrum\",\"nomodnosub\":\"\",\"value\":\"\",\"length\":\"0\",\"type\":\"Logical\",\"displayname\":\"Spread Spectrum\",\"checkbox\":\"\"},\"z3CTQuesSiliconPhotonics\":{\"name\":\"z3CTQuesSiliconPhotonics\",\"nomodnosub\":\"\",\"value\":\"\",\"length\":\"0\",\"type\":\"Logical\",\"display

Partial listing of the full output from IE8:

"{"metadata": {"Types":{"IntelComponentRevision":{"name":"IntelComponentRevision","fields":{"z3ShadowRefNum":{"name":"z3ShadowRefNum","displayname":"Legacy ID","type":"String","length":"128","value":"","nomodnosub":""},"z3FabProcess":{"name":"z3FabProcess","displayname":"Fab Process","value":"","type":"String","length":"32","interdepend":"Fab Process,Fab Dot Process","iProps":"z3FabProcess,z3FabDotProcess",
    <snip>
    ,"z3CTQuesSiliconPhotonics":{"name":"z3CTQuesSiliconPhotonics","displayname":"Silicon Photonics","type":"Logical","length":"0","value":"","checkbox":"","nomodnosub":""},"z3CTQuesTechForDataTransfer":{"name":"z3CTQuesTechForDataTransfer","displayname":"Technology that can help implement a data transfer rate of 15Gbps or higher","type":"Logical","length":"0","value":"","checkbox":"","nomodnosub":""},"z3CTQuesRadioBaseStation":{"name":"z3CTQuesRadioBaseStation","displayname":"Radio Base Station","type":"Logical","length":"0","value":"","checkbox":"","nomodnosub":""},"z3CTQuesSpecInfo":{"name":"z3CTQuesSpecInfo","displayname":"If yes, describe specific hardware, software and/or information","type":"String","length":"4000","value":"","nomodnosub":""},"z3CTQuesIPDetails":{"name":"z3CTQuesIPDetails","displayname":"Do these IPs contain any alogrithms, technology, or implementation details for encryption products and/or modules?","type":"String","length":"5","value":"","nomodnosub":"","lovName":"IRR_YESNOSIMPLE",
    <snip>
    ,{"value":"nc_coe"},{"value":"Third Party IP"},{"value":"ASDG_Arrays"}]}}}}"

Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:37 PM

All replies