none
Games for windows Marketplace do not work in Windows 8

Question

• I have downloaded the latest games for windows client and reinstalled games like F1 2011 and Dirt 3 but none of them work with Win 8. The event viewer reports the errors as:

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program DSS Launcher because of this error.

I have also tried multiple variants of run in win 7 compat mode (why that is required is beyond me!) as well as admin mode.

Steam games on the other hand were very easy to get up and running.... and why I left win 7 is also a question i ask myself quite often as well! - that might be a moan but its quite correct.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:03 AM

Answers

• Use the Marketplace app in Windows 8, all apps download from it are comaptible with Windows 8.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:34 AM