none
Windows 7 Ultimate - Activation

Question

• Hello

I bought an Acer desk top that came pre-loaded with Windows Home Premium. I have it in one of the offices at work & need to network it to the server. To this end, I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate & did the install via "Windows Anytime Upgrade".

The computer "properties" suggest that the system has loaded, however when I attempt to activate it, all i get is an Error message. I dont seem to be able to get beyond this. I would appreciate your input.

Kind Regards

Richo

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:47 AM

Answers

• The issue is caused by attempting to upgrade an OEM version with a retail (I assume) product key and not a Windows anytime key purchased from the Microsoft store.

Try changing the license key first, restart the computer and then attempt the activation. Method: Click Start=>right click Computer=>select properties=>select Change product key under the Activation section. Then go back to the properties page and start the activation from there.

What was the result?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:09 AM
  • If you have trouble activating Windows 7 open the Windows Activation Wizard while in Windows 7 to use the phone and activate Windows:
    1. When you reach the desktop click Start, then in the Search box type:  slui.exe 4
    2. Press Enter on your Keyboard
    3. Select your Country.
    4. Select the Phone Activation option, then call the number given and hold for a real person.

For more details: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html 

My blogs: Henk's blog and Virtuall | Follow Me on: Twitter | View My Profile on: LinkedIn

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:15 PM

All replies