none
0XE0000100 Error on installation.

Question

• Well... i've been doing my brains in for the last 2 hours on this, with NO help what-so-ever doing a google search.

I'm currently doing a reinstallation of Windows 7 on my laptop... something i have done countless times previously... and am now running into this problem where i get the following error message:

"Windows installation encountered an unexpected error. Verify that the installation sources are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xE0000100"

After researching, i should only get this error when creating a new partition in the installation process... but this is happening when i select "Clean Install" from the Upgrade/Clean Installation options (which is 1-2 steps BEFORE the creation of a partition).

Other sources say it could be due to a hidden System Partition, created by Dell, but as i said before... i had done this reinstallation many times before.

Note: it is certainly not a problem with the installation media. I have tried Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

Any idea's on how i can go about this? After all, my support with Dell has run out so i don't fancy paying them for another HDD!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, the error code 0xE0000100 should be related to the hard disk or media files. Please check hard disk error on that specific computer or you can try to install on other partition to see if the issue occur. Also, please make sure the installtion media is ok.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:23 AM
    Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:41 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem, except I'm trying to get Windows PE 3.0 (from WAIK 7) to work.

The exact error I get is "The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0xE0000100]".

I have created the Windows PE 3.0 ISO using "Run As Administrator" privileges for the batch files.

I can successfully boot the Windows PE 3.0 image either from CD or USB drive, I get the same error with both; this would indicate to me that the issue is not to do with burning the ISO to the CD (which I did at the slowest I could - 4x).

I have re-downloaded WAIK 7 ISO thinking that maybe there was corruption with the download - still same problem as above.
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:00 AM
  • have you tried clearing all partitions using fdisk & then booting with the W7 installation media?
    Don't forget about Alt+Esc!
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, the error code 0xE0000100 should be related to the hard disk or media files. Please check hard disk error on that specific computer or you can try to install on other partition to see if the issue occur. Also, please make sure the installtion media is ok.

Regards,

Sabrina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:23 AM
    Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:41 AM
  • Your Hard Drive is dead...
    Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:14 PM