none
Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) not work with win 7

Question

• DELL latitude D 500 with Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) does not work with win 7
    Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:09 PM

Answers

• DELL latitude D 500 with Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) does not work with win 7
    Hi

XDDM is the older Windows Xp Display Driver Model. You need to check the Dell Support website for a driver that is described as being WDDM, which is the newer Windows Display Driver Model. If they only have a Windows Vista driver, download that one and install it using the Compatibility Mode option. 

If the Dell website does have these available, try going directly to the manufacturers website and search for these drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:22 PM

All replies

Hi

XDDM is the older Windows Xp Display Driver Model. You need to check the Dell Support website for a driver that is described as being WDDM, which is the newer Windows Display Driver Model. If they only have a Windows Vista driver, download that one and install it using the Compatibility Mode option. 

If the Dell website does have these available, try going directly to the manufacturers website and search for these drivers.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:22 PM
  • There is not a driver listed as WDDM on Intel, Dell, or Microsoft for this platform. I ran Windows 7 RTM and RC with this chipset in my D500 with a single core 1.7 Dothan 2046 mb cache buffer rate single core (for those of you that don't know about processors) and I used this driver flawlessly. I got up to 1600X1400 res, but I used the native (1280X768) for best results.

6.14.10.3929 C (20 Apr 2005) is the driver you want, and it will work with ANY machine from this HP link, not just HP's. I've used it on Acer's, Dell's, and Toshiba's as well.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&prodSeriesId=367367&prodNameId=367369&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-30788-1
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:45 PM
  • Hi

The Intel 8 series chipset support was stopped a few months before Vista's release, so there are no Vista or win7 drivers for this chipset.
    There is not a driver listed as WDDM on Intel, Dell, or Microsoft for this platform. I ran Windows 7 RTM and RC with this chipset in my D500 with a single core 1.7 Dothan 2046 mb cache buffer rate single core (for those of you that don't know about processors) and I used this driver flawlessly. I got up to 1600X1400 res, but I used the native (1280X768) for best results.

Karusai gave a link to a XP driver . While XP drivers might work, the driver structure was changed with Vista, so XP drivers are somewhat incompatible with Vista or win7. You could try the XP driver but beware that your system still won't be able to deliver the Aero experience, and you may have problems with your system from using XP drivers.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!

Curious about Win7 min. system requirements?
    Readme: Older ATI, Intel onboard graphics, or NVIDIA graphics cards on Windows 7
    Windows 7 tips
    - JoelbX
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:58 PM