none
0xc004e003 error code activation problems windows 7

Question

• Hi,

I'm running the Windows 7 RC with a VM for two month, and since today Windows gives me the error code 0xc004e003 and tells me this Version of Windows has expired, but its supposed to be running until next year. Any Idea what is going wong? I did a new inatllation with a new product key on a mac with bootcamp and the problem is the same, any suggestions?
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:27 AM

Answers

• In addition, please refer to the following similar issues.

a problem occurred when windows tried to activate. Error Code 0xC004E003

error code 0xC004E003: windows 7 activation problems

If the issue persists, please reinstall licensing components and generate a new token.dat file using the following commands in an Administrator command prompt:

net stop sppsvc
    Cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
    Ren tokens.dat tokens.old
    cd %windir%\system32
    net start sppsvc
    slmgr.vbs –rilc

When finished, try to re-activate to see if it works.

Hope it helps.
    Dale

Monday, October 12, 2009 5:17 AM
  • You got the right message. This pre-release version of Windows (build 7000) has expired since July and can't be reactivated. You should have changed to RC (build 7100, expires March/June 2010) in time, or buy the RTM version (build 7600, doesn't expire).
    Mobile AMD64 3000+, VIA Apollo K8T800 chipset, 1 G RAM, ATIRadeonMobility 9700, 20x DVDRW, C:XPSP3 (55G),D:WIN7 (25G),F:DATA (250G)
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

have you tried the following steps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950755/en-us

Greetings

Christian
    Christian Groebner MVP Forefront
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:56 AM
  • In addition, please refer to the following similar issues.

a problem occurred when windows tried to activate. Error Code 0xC004E003

error code 0xC004E003: windows 7 activation problems

If the issue persists, please reinstall licensing components and generate a new token.dat file using the following commands in an Administrator command prompt:

net stop sppsvc
    Cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
    Ren tokens.dat tokens.old
    cd %windir%\system32
    net start sppsvc
    slmgr.vbs –rilc

When finished, try to re-activate to see if it works.

Hope it helps.
    Dale

Monday, October 12, 2009 5:17 AM
  • Hi, I want to activate windows 7 beta build 7000. I have tried to change the product key but everytime after entering the product key, I receive the error code 0xC004E003. I have tried a few alternatives like slui.exe 4 to go for the automated phone assistance but it didnt work. I get the message "This pre-release version of Windows has expired." I also read about restoring the system to a previous date and then trying to change the product key. I did not try that as I didnt know if I would be able restore my system to the present state, as the restoration in the first place would affect some needed installations. Please help me with my problem. Gitika
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:20 AM
  • You got the right message. This pre-release version of Windows (build 7000) has expired since July and can't be reactivated. You should have changed to RC (build 7100, expires March/June 2010) in time, or buy the RTM version (build 7600, doesn't expire).
    Mobile AMD64 3000+, VIA Apollo K8T800 chipset, 1 G RAM, ATIRadeonMobility 9700, 20x DVDRW, C:XPSP3 (55G),D:WIN7 (25G),F:DATA (250G)
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:26 AM
  • Have you tried reactivating it with the same product key? Please click on the link below for possible solutions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950755

I know this is for Vista, but the process should be the same for Windows 7.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 3:36 PM