none
Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key

Question

• I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate on ebay and it did not come with a product code. I loaded it on my new computer that I built and it worked for 30 days. I then got a message on my desktop stating to enter my product code or my windows 7 was not genuine. I then purchased a key from e-bay. I entered the key and it activated. I thought everything was fine. Later that day I recieved a e-mail from another e-bay user stating that my key might be msdn code and it will probably expire very soon. This is the first time I heard about this and know I am worried. How can I tell if my code is legit? If someone could help I would appreciate it.
    Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:27 AM

Answers

• Click Start->right-click Computer->select properties

You should see the Windows Genuine Activation logo at the bottom. If you do and you see that Windows is Activated, then you are ok.

The problem will arise if you need to re-activate for some reason. Each key has a limited number of activations. When a key is abused, it will not activate.

I would be more concerned about integrity of the installation dvd. Is it a factory dvd with holograms or a burned model? Malware can be included in non-official versions. 

If you are truly concerned about the activation, you can run this tool Genuine Diagnostics Tool (MGADiag.exe) 

here is a reference: Protect Yourself from Piracy

• Proposed as answer by Nottingham2206 Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by rongarcia Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:36 PM
    Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• Click Start->right-click Computer->select properties

You should see the Windows Genuine Activation logo at the bottom. If you do and you see that Windows is Activated, then you are ok.

The problem will arise if you need to re-activate for some reason. Each key has a limited number of activations. When a key is abused, it will not activate.

I would be more concerned about integrity of the installation dvd. Is it a factory dvd with holograms or a burned model? Malware can be included in non-official versions. 

If you are truly concerned about the activation, you can run this tool Genuine Diagnostics Tool (MGADiag.exe) 

here is a reference: Protect Yourself from Piracy

• Proposed as answer by Nottingham2206 Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by rongarcia Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:36 PM
    Sunday, June 05, 2011 11:38 AM
  • I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate and it did not come with a product code. I loaded it on my laptop and it worked for 30 days. I then got a message on my desktop stating to enter my product code says my windows 7 is not genuine. I then purchased a key from e-bay. I entered the key and it gave me and error code says "A problem occurred when windows tried to active. Error code 0xC004F063  ".If someone could help I would appreciate it.

Saturday, March 02, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Lethula2 wrote on 2013.03.02:

I purchased Windows 7 Ultimate and it did not come with a product code. I loaded it on my laptop and it worked for 30 days. I then got a message on my desktop stating to enter my product code says my windows 7 is not genuine. I then purchased a key from e-bay. I entered the key and it gave me and error code says "A problem occurred when windows tried to active. Error code 0xC004F063  ".If someone could help I would appreciate it.

What has happened is absolutely normal when you do not obtain a legal copy of Windows with a legal Product Key.

All legally obtained copies of Windows come with legal Product Keys! The key you purchased on eBay is not a legal key!

Nothing can be done here to alleviate your situation.  You must purchase a legal copy of Windows 7 with a legal Product Key!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:08 PM
  • you cant help me because i download this windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and i dont know ho is this windows 7 product key and thanks josef suersaq from greenland

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:21 AM
  • You must go to the Microsoft store and purchase the key from Microsoft.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:32 AM