none
Windows 7: "The User profile service service failed the logon"

Question

• Whenever I attempt to log into my admin account, I get an error that says: The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

This happened after shutting down my computer. This occurence has happened before on my back up account a few months back and I, having no idea how to work computers thought it was some sort of "temporary" error that would fix itself :D...
    Now both of my users are stuck with this error and I can't log in. I have read other topics where people have found solutions but they all require you to be logged in.
    Do any of you have solutions that don't require you to log into an account?
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows 7 related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows 7 forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 20, 2010 9:13 AM