none
Network and Sharing Center says No Internet access, while I have.

Question

• Hi, that's the problem.

The PC is a PackardBell Easynote TJ series running Windows 7 RTM home premium, my internet connection works just fine, browsers can surf the web, windows update works and so on.

Only Network and Sharing Center, and the system tray connection icon, say there's no connection. The same thing happens with both ethernet and wifi connection. The tray icon shows the normal "connected" status when connected with the cable, while shows the "available networks" status, with the little yellow sparkle, when connected through wifi. In both cases if I click on it, it says I'm not connected and it shows all the available wireless networks.

In the Network and Sharing Center the image in the upper part, with the pc connected to the network and then to the internet, is completely missing. I don't know if I can post an image here. I need win to recognize the connection to start the Homegroup....

Any Idea?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems when you connect by using wireless, the connection cannot be displayed.

I recommend you update your wireless network card driver to the latest one to check if the issue persists.

In addition, you can select “Troubleshoot problems”, then choose Network Adapter to find if there’s any error and follow the instruction to fix the problem.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

You can provide us with a screenshot using SkyDrive.

Is there any difference when you use wired or wireless connection?

Try to restart your network adapter and update the network card driver to the latest to check if the issue persists.

You can also try to reset the home network, Please refer to: Set up a home network in Windows 7.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Thanks to you for answering.

Here's the screenshot (the language is italian, sorry...):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15771794/Immagine.jpg

The only difference in using wired or wireless connection is in the tray icon. In the first case it shows the normal connected icon, in the second case it shows the "available network" icon. As I told, in both cases when I click on the icon it shows the list of the available network, and in the upper part there's written "Not Connected", as you can see in the screenshot.

I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall both wifi and ethernet cards several times, and nothing changed. I also tried to set up a new network, and still nothing...

I've also noticed that when I'm not connected, the image in the upper part of Network and Sharing Center is visible, showing a red X between the PC and the Internet, as it should be. But when I plug the cable in, or start to connect to a wifi network, this image changes to a one showing a "connection in progress" message, then it freezes there. If I refresh the page or close and reopen it the image is completely missing, as you can see again in the screenshot.

Any guess...?

Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

It seems when you connect by using wireless, the connection cannot be displayed.

I recommend you update your wireless network card driver to the latest one to check if the issue persists.

In addition, you can select “Troubleshoot problems”, then choose Network Adapter to find if there’s any error and follow the instruction to fix the problem.

Regards,

Miya

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:19 AM