none
kms design

Question

• i have 83,000 laptop deployment (3 vendors)with windows 7 professional till now not decided to be oem or volume license 

my question  if as i mentioned will be 3 vendors with different activation  keys how to manage activation process do i  need to separate each vendor kms from the other or keep all as its one tender 3 vendors win it each vendor will deliver around 25,000 laptops to MOE  so i am confused with activation design ?

can Microsoft combine all 3 vendors keys in single kms server to activate all 83,000 laptops as it will be under one agreement ?

mohamed
    Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, you cannot install multiple keys on a single KMS host.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Companies that manufacture computers can only install OEM versions of Windows 7.  They cannot sell you a Volume License.  A Volume License is an upgrade license so the computers must have a Windows 7 license already installed in order to use a Volume License version of Windows 7.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, you cannot install multiple keys on a single KMS host.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:08 AM
  • you are right but microsoft kuwait telling  they can .... i don't know  how ?

any way what i proposed to MOE to build KMS for each vendor or supplier and separate them through network ... is this ok?

mohamed
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:23 PM
  • Companies that manufacture computers can only install OEM versions of Windows 7.  They cannot sell you a Volume License.  A Volume License is an upgrade license so the computers must have a Windows 7 license already installed in order to use a Volume License version of Windows 7.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, January 16, 2012 5:05 AM