none
Windows 8.1 windows defender update issue

Question

• hi everyone,

i have upgrated my windows 8 recently to the 8.1 version, in the first days i downloaded updates without a problem, and by the way the migration from 8 to 8.1 was incredibly awesome, microsoft did a great job and most of my senttings including GPos were all seccessfully migrated..anyways the issue is, after a couple of days i can no longer download updates from windows update, it gets stuck on preparing , and never downloads it,i have tried to download the windows defender update manually but when i execute the file it doesnt do anything, it seems to quit silently, im hoping someone can help me out with this, if the solution is to reset the Wu respository im opened to follow the steps..

any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

EDIT: here it is the windowsupdate.log file :

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/4f092a62

• Edited by MrDebugging Tuesday, November 05, 2013 12:52 AM
    Monday, November 04, 2013 8:46 PM

Answers

• I renamed the softwaredistribution folder to solftwaredistribution.old and now it is updating ,the only problem is that it doesnt show me the old update history...but the earlier update packages seem to be installed...if i did something wrong please let me know , i did that cause long time ago i used to do those things to fix WU..

Kind regards,

C# user

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:57 PM

All replies