none
You are losing IE users to Firefox/Chrome - Unable to register ActiveX - Flash

Question

• You are losing IE users because of the poor way that ActiveX controls are registered.  I cannot install Flash 11 in my 64bit Windows 7 system because of a problem with registering ActiveX controls.  Flash 11 installs just fine in Firefox and Chrome---so at the present time I have set Chrome as being my default browser.  You might argue that the problem is with Flash but I would argue that if I can install Flash in FF and Chrome then the problem is with IE and not Flash.

How do I get back to IE as my default browser.  IOW, how do I get around the "ActiveX control for Flash could not be registered?"

Thanks

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:02 PM

Answers

• There is nothing wrong with Flash running on Windows 7 64-bit.  I have had it running since Adobe foirst published quite awhile ago.

If you're having problems, there is something WRONG with your system, not Adobe Flash Player!!!

Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/ for Adobe problems and support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:22 PM

All replies

• There is nothing wrong with Flash running on Windows 7 64-bit.  I have had it running since Adobe foirst published quite awhile ago.

If you're having problems, there is something WRONG with your system, not Adobe Flash Player!!!

Go to http://www.adobe.com/support/ for Adobe problems and support.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Not sure what your problem is. Flash has worked for me in the 32 bit versions of IE always. Adobe made a version for the 64 bit IE available relatively recently. It laso works, although I mostly use the 32 bit browser.

The obvious guess would be a security setting. Do you have ActiveX filtering turned on in IE? I've never used it, and I don't know if it would prevent the ActiveX control from installing, but it may be worth a look.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:22 AM