none
Windows Lifecam 1.4 No Longer Working. Device Driver Not Found

Question

• I have an external webcam (Windows Lifecam) that has worked fine on my system (Vista 32bit) for the last year. Now it will not recognise the hardware and fails to locate the drivers from the instillation disk. I have already downloaded the WHLQ and it still does not find any driver software. I have found no other drivers for my particular model. That being said I am by no means computer savvy and am unaware as to whether a newer driver for the same line of products would work. ANY help you could give me would be great. Thank you.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please remove LifeCam 1.4, then install the latest LifeCam from:

Download Webcam & Headset Software 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, November 19, 2010 9:12 AM
  • Please remove LifeCam 1.4, then install the latest LifeCam from:

Download Webcam & Headset Software 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Well, that did not work. I have a lifecam 1.4 and win 7 Home premium 64 bit. The drivers on the disc are not compatible and there's no drivers to download from microsoft. What to do now?
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:39 PM
  • HI all,

I have a problem similar to the above, i installed windows 8 in my Desktop PC after that my Lifecam 1.4 do not work. I don't find any drivers for the same to make it work in Windows 8. Can any one suggest a compatible driver or a work around. Is Microsoft coming up with any compatible drivers for such cams?!! I really didn't want to buy another cam!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:14 AM
  • Same deal. I just went to use Skype, and....no Lifecam!

Went to look at the cam through it's own software....cam not there!!!

Checked devices - just trying to use generic usb driver.

Removed and reinstalled....can't install driver!

What gives, MS?

PS I'm using latest Lifecam software & drivers....
    • Edited by zlot Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:52 PM clairification
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Sorry, but this is NOT an answer....or, just like the goofy sign we had posted at work: "Free Answers"   Correct answers, $5!!!

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:54 PM