none
Windows 7 ISO Downloads from River Media (Official and Legally Free) - Is this true?

Question

• Hi.

I discovered downlinks to River Media on the forum below (and the same links on other forums) to download the official 
    Windows 7 ISO's legally and absolutely FREE. You have to own a legal product key to activate the software, or else it will 
    expire in 30 days. I do have a legal product key, because my laptop came with Windows 7 Starter preloaded and I decided to 
    format (without backing up) and load Ubuntu Linux. I now want Windows 7 Starter back.

I also ask this because my wife's Netbook also came preloaded (also with a legal product key), and I like to have some 
    sort of back-up disc in case something goes wrong.

After using the "ei.cfg Removal Utility" (found elsewhere) the option is there to install ANY version (including Starter) 
    as long as you have the legal product key (and I do - for Starter).

(Note: I am sending this message to River Media and Microsoft - I really don't want to be doing anything illegal - Please 
    respond ASAP).

Forum: http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

The actual link is: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24208.iso (Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit)

My question is this. Am I legally allowed to download these ISO's and use the "ei.cfg Removal Utility" as long as I use my 
    legal product key (for my laptop) and my wife's legal product key (for her netbook) (NOTE: I am not a student).

I have submitted this almost exact question to Microsoft Support, but am still awaiting their email. I would like to get feedback that is accurate, as I do not like doing things illegally.

Thanks,

Willem Voigt

Friday, November 25, 2011 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For any installation media which is published by third party website, Microsoft does not guarantee the integrity of this. If you lost you installation media, you may contact our customer service to order a new media:

Microsoft Customer Service (800) 426-9400 is available Monday through Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. pacific time.

Note: Microsoft Customer Service mainly handles issues regarding replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs, product IDs, or lost CD-keys, product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers, licensing, and product registration.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• Sir, i Lost my Windows 7 DVD in few Months , and i Downloaded the Windows 7 Home Premium From River Media , and Activated from my  original Product key now my windows is Genuine and legal , so there is no Problem if you Download it and activated by product key.

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Friday, November 25, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Hi,

For any installation media which is published by third party website, Microsoft does not guarantee the integrity of this. If you lost you installation media, you may contact our customer service to order a new media:

Microsoft Customer Service (800) 426-9400 is available Monday through Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. pacific time.

Note: Microsoft Customer Service mainly handles issues regarding replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs, product IDs, or lost CD-keys, product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers, licensing, and product registration.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:45 AM
  •  YOU DONT NEED A PRODUCT KEY DOWNLOAD REMOVE WAT google it its easy to find and run it as soon as windows has finished installing after that you've got win 7 for life for free :D

Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:52 AM