none
Windows 7 Default Webcam Drivers

Question

• Hey guys, currently have Windows 7 RC 64bit installed but have come across only one problem so far.
    A webcam i have that was pretty cheap and cheerful had appauling drivers that came with it but when installed on 32bit vista with the drivers vista found itself it worked awesomely, even better than when it was using the drivers that came with the hardware. But the thing is after plugging it in on Windows 7 there doesnt appear to be a compatible driver for basic cam fuctionality.
    Are there drivers missing in this release?
    Monday, June 08, 2009 12:27 AM

Answers

• Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 15, 2009 10:19 AM
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 8:19 AM

All replies

• I suggest windows update or action center, if you don't get any results there, go in device manager, find the webcam (it may be marked as an unknown device), right click -> details tab -> hardware id from the drop down menu, search that for drivers or post it here...
    Monday, June 08, 2009 5:21 AM
  • You can try this to install the webcam, although not all processors support it, but it may work for you.
    Monday, June 08, 2009 2:05 PM
  • Hello,

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, June 15, 2009 10:19 AM
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 8:19 AM
  • I suggest windows update or action center, if you don't get any results there, go in device manager, find the webcam (it may be marked as an unknown device), right click -> details tab -> hardware id from the drop down menu, search that for drivers or post it here...
    USB\VID_04FC&PID_0561&REV_0000
    USB\VID_04FC&PID_0561

Thursday, December 03, 2009 5:14 PM
  • Hi I have an issue with my Asus laptop where no programs lifeframe, windows live messenger, skype, nothing seems to detect webcam.  (Lifeframe says "the webcam is usiing another program."   And I could never find it.  Asus seems to have no support and i have tried all 7 of their drivers and still nothing.

mine is:

USB\VID_174F&PID_1718&REV_0104&MI_00
    USB\VID_174F&PID_1718&MI_00

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:33 AM