none
how to activate windows 8 pro

Question

• Hi guys I need a help with my issue and I was hoping you will help me with this so .... let's beguine ....

My original OS was windows 7 HP but then I upgraded to Windows 8 RP but it doesn't worked well on my pc cause many apps did not worked so I just downloaded the windows 8 pro but not from Microsoft anyway it's the same windows 8 pro as those in the store accept for product key what I need ... Now my problem is I have windows 8 without the key and yesterday I was even trying to bought it but I didn't cause I don't know where and also how I should do it ... yeah and but the way I downloaded the upgrade assist and showed my that there is some problem with my country but I don't think this is the problem cause I living in Toronto so.... please guys help me out of this ? ...

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can download the upgrade assistant and follow the wizard to purchase the license.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/buy?ocid=GA8_O_WOL_DIS_ShopHP_FPP_Light

Regarding installation, you can use your own iso to perform upgrade.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Now I have purchased windows 8 pro key via W8upgrade assistant(in my laptop running win 7 ultimate)...My internet speed is not sufficient to download the W8 installation package... my friend has W8 ISO image in thumbdrive...So I'm gonna get that copy from him and use the key I purchased...So this is not a fresh install...right?!
    Bcos W8upgrade.asst has detected the previous OS,while buying key...?!
    And how to check W8 is both activated and validated?? Suppose if i need to format and re-install,can I directly boot from Thumbdrive (W8 ISO) or install the W7 ultimate,get it activated and then W8? (Bcos the key is for upgrading)
    Pls help...pls!!

Please reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate first and activate it, then upgrade to Windows 8.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:57 AM