none
Unknown device in windows 7 (code 43)

Question

• I've problems with my Windows 7 Ultimate in both, 32 bits and 64 bits versions, with a SATA DVD writer Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561A. It was recognized before by months, but without any change in the machines, it became unrecognized. I tested in other machines and its OK. First, I use it like a SATA device and when the problem began I installed throug a USB 2.0+Serial ATA enclosure model ME 350 Series. The 32 bit Windows 7 is in a generic desktop machine win a 32 intel processor an the 64 bit Windows 7 is in a Compaq Presario V3618LA
    Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding the issue, I suggest updating the SATA device's firmware and computer BIOS from the manufacture.

In addition, please refer to the following blog to reinstall the USB controllers and delete filter driver

http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2010/11/23/error-message-one-of-the-usb-device-attached-to-this-computer-has-malfunctioned-and-windows-does-not-recognise-it.aspx

Delete filter driver

-----------------------

1. Click the Start Button, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000} 

3. Right click the {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}  entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}), in the right pane, check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I know this may seem a bit obvious but have you checked the SATA cable. I once spent weeks trying to figure out intermittent problems on one of my machines only to find that when I changed the cable  everything went back to normal. I don't even know how it failed - it just gave up without any mechanical input from me :-).

Good luck.

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD http://www.techsmart.ie
    Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

Regarding the issue, I suggest updating the SATA device's firmware and computer BIOS from the manufacture.

In addition, please refer to the following blog to reinstall the USB controllers and delete filter driver

http://blogs.technet.com/b/asiasupp/archive/2010/11/23/error-message-one-of-the-usb-device-attached-to-this-computer-has-malfunctioned-and-windows-does-not-recognise-it.aspx

Delete filter driver

-----------------------

1. Click the Start Button, type "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and then press ENTER.

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000} 

3. Right click the {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}  entry, choose "Export", select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Click Save.

Please Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.

4. Highlight this key ({36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}), in the right pane, check if Upperfilters and Lowerfilters value are present. If so, please right click on the values and select "Delete" to remove them.

5. Restart the computer

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:05 AM
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:02 AM