none
Windows 7 Load Problems

Question

• I'm running a Toshiba Satellite with the windows 7 os. My daughter did something to it and now when i turn the laptop on it goes threw the whole boot process says loading windows then stops at a black screen there are no Desktop icons no search no nothing but the mouse arrow can someone please help me figure out what i need to do to fix it, I tried every way listed as far as booting in safe mode i treid them all even the repair ur computer boot method nothing has worked, I also tried to do a system recovery from file back up disk but that did'nt work either, Any help at all will be greatly appreiciated,
    • Moved by Neddy Ren Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:45 AM windows7 issue (From:ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects)
    Monday, February 20, 2012 7:29 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Please refer to the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

1. When starting the computer, keep pressing F8 to enter into advanced startup options. Then select Last Known Good Configuration. If it doesn't work, please go to next.

2. On the advanced startup options, select Repair Your Computer. Then the PC will enter into System Recovery options. Please perform System Restore to check the result. If you have backed up system image, you can try System Image Recovery.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Rickba1969,

I am sorry that our forum is for the Software Development and your questions should be the Windows7 OS issue.

You will need to post your questions to the Windows 7 IT Pro forum for more professional supports:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro 

Thank you for understandings.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:42 AM
  •  

Hi,

Please refer to the following methods to troubleshoot the issue.

1. When starting the computer, keep pressing F8 to enter into advanced startup options. Then select Last Known Good Configuration. If it doesn't work, please go to next.

2. On the advanced startup options, select Repair Your Computer. Then the PC will enter into System Recovery options. Please perform System Restore to check the result. If you have backed up system image, you can try System Image Recovery.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:13 AM