none
Having Problem Installing Windows 7 on GA-G31M-ES2C from USB

Question

• How can I install Windows 7 on Gigabyte ga-g31m-es2c motherboard from usb bootable drive? I already made one usb bootale drive and installed the windows on my "Dell D830" but i can't boot my usb drive on my desktop. I have also updated my BIOS to the latest (FJ) version but still the problem exist.

Specification:-

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz, Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2C Mainboard, 2Gb DDR2 800MHz Ram, 1Tb Samsung HDD, ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics Card 

Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:00 AM

Answers

• The answer to your question is located in the User's Manual. On page 21 of the English manual F12 gets you to the Boot menu:

<F12>: Boot Menu

Boot Menu allows you to set the first boot device without entering BIOS Setup. In Boot Menu, use the up arrow key < > or the down arrow key< > to select the first boot device, then press <Enter> to accept. To exit Boot Menu, press <Esc>. The system will directly boot from the device configured in Boot Menu. Note: The setting in Boot Menu is effective for one time only. After system restart, the device boot order will still be based on BIOS Setup settings. You can access Boot Menu again to change the first boot device setting as needed.

When the Boot Menu comes up you then select the USB device to boot from.

This is a situation that is not related to Windows 7. This is a hardware situation. If this doesn't work, then you need to contact Gigabyte Technical Support for assistance with your hardware. Windows 7 has absolutely no affect on the boot-up of the computer - this is all hardware!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:41 PM