none
How to access an Exchange/Office 365 Archive Mailbox in the Windows 8 Mail App?

Question

• I use Exchange for my email though Office 365... However I can't access my Archived Emails though the Windows 8 Mail app...

I tried asking on the Office 365 community and they referred me here...

Friday, November 16, 2012 5:23 PM

All replies

• Is it an Office 365 online archive? Also, mail only shows the last 2 weeks mail by default.
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:32 AM
  • Yes, It is the Archive Mailbox setting that can be enabled under the person's Exchange Settings.

I have it set for all email instead of 2 weeks.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:06 PM
  • Yes, It is the Archive Mailbox setting that can be enabled under the person's Exchange Settings.

I have it set for all email instead of 2 weeks.

You're missing the point. Outlook creates a PST archive... If you enable online archive within O365 then it is cloud based. What are you trying to access?
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:44 PM
  • I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying...

When I open Outlook on the Web App I have a special inbox called Archive that isn't a folder inside the normal inbox but a separate inbox inside my account...

When I view my Outlook email in the Windows 8 client, I see all my folders from my normal Mailbox but not the Archive Mailbox...

Photo (sorry can't put links or photos so it is unclickable): http://imm.io/LXAO

• Edited by Brandon Giesing Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:26 PM Added a description for link
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:25 PM
  • I see what you mean, it is an online archive, mine doesn't show up in the mail app either is would seem!

Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:37 AM