none
Vista OS sync to IPhone 3G

Question

• Recently I tried to add a play list to my IPhone 3G.  I got an error message 13019.  I went to the Apple web site followed the instructions took all the music off my IPhone then tried to replace it....no luck.  Talked to an apple tech, created a new administrator it worked with the music that I purchased from ITunes.....well I have more music than that purchased so I would like to find a solution using the original windows administrator account.  Apple suggests since the new admin account worked it must be a windows problem....is there an answer?
    • Moved by Miya Yao Tuesday, January 03, 2012 2:54 AM (From:Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility)
    Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If it is able to add the play list to your IPhone 3G with the new created Administrator account, I suggest temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to check the result.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, January 09, 2012 8:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:45 AM
    Friday, January 06, 2012 2:37 AM
  • I have seen some problems with iPods, pads and phones all having some sync problems. Seems to be a change with the DRM.

You may need to do a restore of the device to sync it up.

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Hardcore Games, Legendary is the only Way to Play

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Friday, January 06, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Did the clean boot - I have spoken to Norton Security - uninstalled (tried to sync my music again but no luck) then reinstalled the product. I restored my iphone (tried to sync again - contacts ok - calender ok - apps ok NO MUSIC!!!! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT.
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:04 PM
  • I use Microsoft Security Essentials, free for XP and up, links on my IT site home page

I dislike Norton

Windows MVP 2010-11, XP, Vista, 7. Expanding into Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server, SharePoint, Cloud, Virtualization etc. etc.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:14 PM
  • I doesn't seem that norton is the problem......I have heard that same comment from several others.....are you saying get rid of norton an go to Microsoft Security Essentials and this will solve the sync problem.
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 8:50 PM
  • I use iTunes as I own an iPod nano. I use sync all the time to swap out albums as my choices seem to vary widely over time.

I did not use Vista for long as malware stoke my CD key, so I used XP for a few months and then installed the beta for Windows 7 the day it came out.

If iTunes is not syncing, try uninstalling it and then install it fresh from the Apple web site.

get back here if there are more issues

Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:45 PM