none
Windows 7 cannot run cmd or task manager

Question

• I have tried lots of way of opening the cmd and task manager sometimes it just flashes and disappear, e.g ctrl+alt+del, system32 and even run. I am the administrator for this computer so I am really not sure wat to do? I did run a new software before this happened so it is most likely a virus, any method of getting rid of it will be or any help will be much appreciated. Tks. Btw my computer is a HP Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC, 32-bit Operating System. Tks.
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:38 PM

Answers

• If the issue persists in Safe Mode, you may need to run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 05, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Hi Hao Nan, you said.. And I did not install a software I kinda ran a new program.

Okay - well if you can't get into your system you'll need to come up in SAFE mode. Reboot, and break into your startup by Hitting the F8 key repeatedly.. On the menu select Safe Mode. If the problem isn't there you might be able to get your Admin privileges again - enabling you to correct the problem

If so go into msconfig.exe and - startup menu - deselect any entries related to the New program, and perhaps others too. 

Also try a 'Clean boot' from Msconfig.exe to help determine which drivers/software etc is causing the conflict..

---------Quoting Arthur Xie-------

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

------------------------------------

You'll be able to access Fix-it troubleshooters there too.

Regards, pkn

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi, did you creatre a restore point prior to installing the new software. (our system may have done so automatically too) go back to the restore point and restart from there.

If you don't have a restore point available (and even if you do) run a virus scan on your HD too.

you can get a copy of Microsofts Security Essentials from here too if you don't have it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/security_essentials/default.aspx

Regards, pkn

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 4:53 PM
  • I cant even open system restore and I have already scanned my HD with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. They did detect a few malware and I already deleted them and restarted but still cannot open cmd or tasl manager. But a second scan does not show any malware. And I did not install a software I kinda ran a new program.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:37 PM
  • Hi Hao Nan, you said.. And I did not install a software I kinda ran a new program.

Okay - well if you can't get into your system you'll need to come up in SAFE mode. Reboot, and break into your startup by Hitting the F8 key repeatedly.. On the menu select Safe Mode. If the problem isn't there you might be able to get your Admin privileges again - enabling you to correct the problem

If so go into msconfig.exe and - startup menu - deselect any entries related to the New program, and perhaps others too. 

Also try a 'Clean boot' from Msconfig.exe to help determine which drivers/software etc is causing the conflict..

---------Quoting Arthur Xie-------

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

------------------------------------

You'll be able to access Fix-it troubleshooters there too.

Regards, pkn

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:11 AM
  • If the issue persists in Safe Mode, you may need to run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 05, 2011 7:42 AM