none
Windows 7 drops internet connection, it display Network cable unplugged

Question

• i have a laptop MSi gx600 with Windows 7 installed.

network card: Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

hardware id: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_3FAD1462&REV_01

driver version: 7.2.1127.2008

driver date: 14.05.2009

Problem: internet connection drops randomly, usually when load exceed 1MB/s, it display that "Network cable unplugged" but it is plugged in.

what i tried:

1.unchecked the box that says Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power on the network card

2.updated drivers , rollback drivers, official driver from Realtek, from Microsoft..

3. changed cable/ router

4. put speed to 10mbit duplex, 100mbit duplex

nothing from what  I tried helped :(

what i do in order to restore internet connection:

1. disable internet connection and then enable it.

2. restart of system.

3. i wrote a small program in c# that use WMI , which check every 10 sec if internet connection is alive , if it's not it disable/enable internet connection and write the time when it died,

here what windows log  show what happened during 10 sec window:

event id:7042

user:system

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control.

The reason specified was: 0x40030011 [Operating System: Network Connectivity (Planned)]

Comment: None

event id:7036

user:n/a

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.

something interesting,maybe not related to my problem but utorrent sometimes don't unload from memory till i don't disable/enable internet connection

Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:00 PM

All replies

• You're using the latest Realtek driver from this site? 

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false  

If not, give it a shot.  Also, make sure your router's firmware is the most recent.

Thursday, July 08, 2010 4:38 PM
  • You're using the latest Realtek driver from this site? 

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false   

If not, give it a shot.  Also, make sure your router's firmware is the most recent.

nope it didnt work :(
    Friday, July 09, 2010 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

Please try:

1.     Press Win + R to open a run box, type: services.msc, press Enter, open Services window, find the “TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper” service, ensure it is enabled and set as Automatic value. Meanwhile, make sure that the dependencies are started.

2.     Based on my research, the issue can be caused by out dated firmware, please update the BIOS to the latest version so as to support the wireless card functioning correctly.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, July 12, 2010 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

Please try:

1.     Press Win + R to open a run box, type: services.msc, press Enter, open Services window, find the “TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper” service, ensure it is enabled and set as Automatic value. Meanwhile, make sure that the dependencies are started.

2.     Based on my research, the issue can be caused by out dated firmware, please update the BIOS to the latest version so as to support the wireless card functioning correctly.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

1. set to automatic , started,.... didnt worked,

2.updated bios to the latest, didnt worked, tried custom bios, didnt worked... :(

ps: wi fi card work without problems

Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:02 PM