none
WinPE network support

General discussion

• Hello all,

I am looking for information on how to enable networking support on a domain with WinPE.

So far, I have read that WinPE's functionality allows for networking, but to my dismay, I am
    only able to ping the loopback device.

In a VM session using Virtual PC, I am able to connect to a network without any problems,
    due to sharing the NIC hardware.  The only peculiar thing with this method is that the NIC description
    in the VM is not what is installed on the HPdc5800.

So far I have tried to use the following functions

drvload x:\drivers\e1e5132.inf  (successful)
    peimg /inf=x:\drivers\e1e5132.inf  /image=x:\mount (successful)
    netcfg -v -winpe                (successful "done")
    netcfg -v -l x:\drivers\e1e5132.inf (assumed success with no errors and goes to command prompt)
    wpeutil initializenetwork (the command completed successfully)
    i have even modified the startup.cmd to run one or multiple commands prior to the command prompt.

once winpe is loaded and after the above commands were run:
    ipconfig/all
    --> host name...minint-random
    --> primary dns suffix...
    --> node type...hybrid
    --> iprouting enabled ... no
    --> wins proxy enabled...no
    normally an adapter is listed after this but it is blank except in the VM environment it is listed ast intel 21140-based...
    whereas the xp PC displays Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network (am i loading the wrong driver with the above commands?  should it be a more generic driver like the one in the VM?)

All i need at this point is to enable networking with dhcp to allow me to connect to the file server and copy the .wim to our PCs on the floor.  nothing seems to work.

Please help me after 8 days of researching, testing and struggling with this.

Thank you!

Monday, September 21, 2009 7:52 PM

All replies