none
i need drmk.sys

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Drmk.sys is a system file described as Microsoft Kernel DRM Descrambler Filter. Please try to find the backup of this file with the following steps:

1.    In Windows Explorer, open the %systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder.

2.    Locate and then double click the wdmaudio.inf_identifer folder
    Note: In this folder name, Identifier may resemble the value "1493ef6e"

3.    You will find the wdmk.sys file there.

If the method above doesn’t work. Please let me know what is the original issue and why you need this file.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Drmk.sys is a system file described as Microsoft Kernel DRM Descrambler Filter. Please try to find the backup of this file with the following steps:

1.    In Windows Explorer, open the %systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder.

2.    Locate and then double click the wdmaudio.inf_identifer folder
    Note: In this folder name, Identifier may resemble the value "1493ef6e"

3.    You will find the wdmk.sys file there.

If the method above doesn’t work. Please let me know what is the original issue and why you need this file.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, November 12, 2007 2:31 PM
  • Hi!

Revisiting an older thread in hopes of figuring the drmk thing out. 

We are trying to install drivers for a camera.  We have Vista.  When I began setup, I got the message, "Setup has detected that your computer is missing Windows files needed during the rest of the setup process.  You may need your Windows cd-rom to continue."

We don't have our windows cd-rom.  We got our laptop from Best Buy, and dh said that they have windows on the hard drive and never gave us a cd.  So, in hopes that we wouldn't need a cd, I clicked ok and continued trying to setup. 

Eventually I got the message "The file 'drmk.sys' on windows cd is neeeded.  Type the path where the file is located and then click ok"  Copy files from: (with a space where you could type something in)  "

So, I read the above response, which I don't think really applies to my situation (does it?).  I did try typing %systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository in to the copy files from space, but it just made a dinking noise at me. 

Can anyone tell me what I should do? 

Thanks!

Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:48 AM
  • I tried looking here with no success. Any other thoughts on where it might be located? I am trying to install several drivers for an XP downgrade from Vista have done all the XP updates.

Thanks 

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:32 PM
  • same problem...no answer???
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:41 PM