none
snipping tool in windows 7 ultimate

Question

• I downloaded windows 7 Ultimate *64bit from the technet site. I went to use the snipping tool and could not find it in the search. The tablet pc options is checked in the windows features. How do I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks Robert Long

Thursday, February 03, 2011 4:52 AM

Answers

• Are you able to find this exe?

"C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe"

If yes, create a shortcut to the file inside the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories to get it back to the Startmenu

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Usually you can find it by clicking Start->All program->Accessories->Spinning Tool.

Or you can type SnippingTool.exe from the Start button.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 04, 2011 6:34 AM

All replies

• Are you able to find this exe?

"C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe"

If yes, create a shortcut to the file inside the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories to get it back to the Startmenu

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Usually you can find it by clicking Start->All program->Accessories->Spinning Tool.

Or you can type SnippingTool.exe from the Start button.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 04, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

Monday, February 07, 2011 3:54 AM
  • I had the Snipping Tool working on my laptop computer with Windows 7 Ultimate, but it has stopped working.

The SnippingTool.exe file is present in Windows/System32.

The error message is : The snipping tool is not working on your computer right now. Restart your computer, and then try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

I have tried to Start in Safe Mode... The Snipping Tool didnt worked.

I have tried SFC/ SCANNOW ... It didnt worked (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations)

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Tablet PC Components... It didnt worked.

Any other ideas to solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Magon Liu,

I have not resolved my issue about the snipping tool (see LFA72 below).

Please change the status of my request to "non-answered", so hopefully I can receive help.

Thank you,

Luc

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:59 PM