none
I need help for windows 7 x64 bit driver for Canon LBP_810. Canon or windows do not have driver

Question

• Can someone please tell me how i can use my perfectly working Canon Laser LBP_810 printer in Windows 7 x64 edition, tried the vista drivers but win 7 saying that they are only 32 bit drivers.
    I wish manufacturers and software vendors would not make good equipment obsolete because they can't be bothered with writing a new driver.
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 2:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Dan

I agree, I have been caught in a lurch a few times when an IHV has retired a particular device with no prior warning.

In Windows 7, you do have a couple more options you can try when this happens using the newly optimized and more mature Compatibility Mode.

Here are the instructions.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Download the latest driver for the device and note the operating system it is designed to support. Use the compatibility mode instructions to install the driver and make sure you select the OS that the drivers were designed to support.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 3:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan

I agree, I have been caught in a lurch a few times when an IHV has retired a particular device with no prior warning.

In Windows 7, you do have a couple more options you can try when this happens using the newly optimized and more mature Compatibility Mode.

Here are the instructions.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

Download the latest driver for the device and note the operating system it is designed to support. Use the compatibility mode instructions to install the driver and make sure you select the OS that the drivers were designed to support.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 3:25 AM
  • Ronnie,

You're only correct if you are trying to install the drivers for LBP810 on a 32bit system. Dan wanted to install on a 64bit system. I've been trying everything and can't get it to work. Yet on my 32 bit system, no dramas at all. Desperately searching everywhere to find out how to either tweak or emulate the drivers so they work on a 64bit system.

Cheers

R

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 5:27 AM
  • I wonder if you eventually found a solution to the lack of driver for the Canon LBP-810 on a Win 7 x64 system?   I've run into the same roadblock.  Great printer--no driver!
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:59 AM
  • I'm also struggling with the same 64 bit problem with two separate Canon printers. Any solutions out there? I have tried stopping the spooler but the downloaded Canon driver is not even recognised because it is 32 bit.

Taghairm

Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:50 AM
  • 事实证明,LBP-810官网上的驱动windows7,windows vista 32 bit ,在windows 7 64位系统上不能用。

这么大的公司,连个驱动都没弄好,有点。。。

8.   Printer Driver (R1.10 V1.10) 

This is a driver software that allows your computer to interface with a Canon printer

Compatibility:

Operating system(s):  

Windows 7, Windows Vista 32bit

Language(s):  

English

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:33 AM
  • Success!

I have finally managed to use my Canon LBP-810 printer from 64bit windows 7. The solution was to install Windows XP mode (Virual Windows XP) and after that install original LBP-810 XP driver in XP mode. The driver didn't care if its 32bit or 64bit system. So now i just use the printer thru XP mode and it works.

more on XP mode:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7 

Requirements:

1. You need windows 7 version that supports XP mode.
    2. Your computer CPU must support hardware virtualization and it must be turned on.

Some problems i ran into was that DEP was preventing printing at first eg. Adobe acrobat (and some other) . Fixed that with disabling DEP.

Shame on Canon for not providing 64bit drivers for a great printer.

• Proposed as answer by Merisaari Friday, November 11, 2011 6:05 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:04 PM
  • But what if your programs are all in Windows 7, how can you make them print your documents thru the XP mode? i also was hoping for that option, but logically enough i works only for those programs which you use inside XP, no?
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:02 AM
  • But what if your programs are all in Windows 7, how can you make them print your documents thru the XP mode? i also was hoping for that option, but logically enough i works only for those programs which you use inside XP, no?
    Maybe print to XPS then open XP mode and print in there, I've been using a VM to scan from an old Canon scanner but maybe XP mode would have been easier.... will have to try. Still have the old printer in the garage too, no one wanted to buy it for cheap as it didn't work with 64 bit. Will have to dust it off and give it a go.
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:24 AM