none
ACPI Compliant BSOD stop error code: 0x000000A5 sorry never fix just tips to get into safe mode

Question

• Trying every way I could think of to get SP3 installed failed so for now if you have a AMD and ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX Don't install it until there some hotfixes from microsoft or from MB Vendor.

You need a usb flash drive.

Turn off pc put the flash drive in must be at least 2gig then press F8 "press last know config" should boot up to the desktop.Restart pc with usb stick in and should bootup to desktop if you still get BSOD then just repeat F8 boot.I first tried with a 128mb flash drive but that didn't work.

My thanks goes to Jesper's Blog for this tip. hxxp://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesper/archive/2008/05/08/does-your-amd-based-computer-boot-after-installing-xp-sp3.aspx

Stop error:The bios in this system is not fully ACPI Compliant.

Stop Code: 0x000000A5(0x00000002,0x8A798548,0xE101EA70,0x8A79C030).

Have tried both WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU from microsoft downloads and WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3 from windows updates both gave same error as above.I have also tried installing with Norton Internet Security 2007 diabled and nortons 360 disabled also have installed with out any AV at all just the flesh install windows xp and windows updates and drivers only and disabled the sata driver ( Silicon Image 3132 Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.9 for Windows 2000XP2003.(WHQL) in bios as well  still get stop code 0xA5.I noticed that my belkin wireless G USB network Adapter would disable on 3 times during instalation of windows service pack 3. 

Anyone got a fix please post thanks.

PC spec's

Mesh Computers Plc Model X-treme² SLI GTX
    Key Features:
    AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-60 Dual Core
    with HyperTransport™ Technology
    OEM Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Edition Service pack 2
    2048MB DDR 400 Memory
     (1x 300GB Serial ATA Hard Drives) and (x400GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
    20" Viewsonic VA-2012W Widescreen with
    DVI & 8ms response time + built in Speakers
    Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD Writer
    Creative Labs Soundbalster X-Fi
    Creative Labs I-Trigue 3330 - 2.1 Surround with Subwoofer
    Aluminium ATX Midi Tower(Pratorian) + Muskateer Display + 550W PSU - Black
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX
    20048MB DDR400 Memory - PC3200 (2x1024)
    Leadtek Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 768mb
    1.44MB - 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
    LG GBW-H10N 4x Blu Ray Super Multi Rewriter

Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:11 AM

Answers

• I did  a clean install of windows xp service pack 1 OEM not the Mesh one as above and installed WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU from microsoft downloads on one hard drive only connected.Only installed min drivers sound video AMD cpu driver and Nvida nforce driver pack.Updated ok but when I restarted pc got the BSOD error as above.

If I press F8 as soon as pc boots I get a popup menu asking which device I which to boot then press Esc key then quickly press f8 then choose Disable automatic restart on system failure pc boots to desktop with no usb flash drive installed.

Ok update If I take out my microsoft comfort opitical mouse 1000 USB and put my Logitech Model M-CAA43 PS2 Mouse windows boots up to desktop ok.

If I try a USB to PS2 Adapter I get the BSOD again have not tried a full update as yet will try and report back.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 5:03 PM
  • The sp2 fix is only for AMD Athlon Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mainboard.

Just been given a reg patch by **** computers because I could not boot up after installing xp pro SP2.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelppm]
    "Start"=dword:00000004

Sorry after 8 days of trying to install service pack 3 with all the BSOD's three difference stop errors no thanks microsoft.I stick to the sp2 and 92 windows updates that I know work. 

Prior to SP2, it did not matter what hardware you created your image for Sysprep(*) on, that was the idea, you created it on a generic system and when it was deployed it would make decisions based on the needs of the system it was being deployed on.

When SP2 was introduced, it became necessary for the windows images for AMD systems to be created on AMD systems and Intel ones on Intel systems.

Microsoft is now claiming (confirming?) that the problem being seen with the majority of systems upgraded to SP3 is due to the same issue (as the sp2 upgrade) only this time they get to hold their heads aloft and say the OEMs already knew about the issue so it isn't actually their fault.

If this is the same problem then the issue is regarding a library that is loaded at boot, one which is different depending on which system type you have.

The silly thing is that after all this time how difficult is it to have in the boot code a simple check on which CPU is present, and then load which one of the two files is needed. Instead, SP3 is released with the same requirement which removes one of the reasons for using Sysprep.

Anyway, I'm not sure at this point but rather than hold back to see, I've posted the link to the file that resolved the problem with SP2 way back when that first occurred. All it is is a registry key edit, that switches between which of the two library files should be used.

(*) Sysprep - System Preparation tool, a tool with a collection of functions that allowed an OEM to create an image for deployment on to the PC's they produce so they don't have to sit and install Windows manually each time

Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:35 PM

All replies

• I did  a clean install of windows xp service pack 1 OEM not the Mesh one as above and installed WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU from microsoft downloads on one hard drive only connected.Only installed min drivers sound video AMD cpu driver and Nvida nforce driver pack.Updated ok but when I restarted pc got the BSOD error as above.

If I press F8 as soon as pc boots I get a popup menu asking which device I which to boot then press Esc key then quickly press f8 then choose Disable automatic restart on system failure pc boots to desktop with no usb flash drive installed.

Ok update If I take out my microsoft comfort opitical mouse 1000 USB and put my Logitech Model M-CAA43 PS2 Mouse windows boots up to desktop ok.

If I try a USB to PS2 Adapter I get the BSOD again have not tried a full update as yet will try and report back.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 5:03 PM
  • This work around is only for the ACPI Compliant BSOD stop error code: 0x000000A5 and  AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-60 Dual Core
    CPU or The ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe BIOS version 1303

File used for upgrade to SP3 WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU from microsoft downloads and Mesh OEM windows xp Pro.

Ok some good news and some bad if you config one Hard drive with Windows service pack3 with a PS/2 port Mouse XPS 3 will install and reboot fine with no usb flash drive or a usb hard drive.

But if you install XPS 3 one hard drive and then reenable the second sata drive then the second BSOD comes back and the only work around is to press F8 until the popup boot menu comes up and then press Esc button and quickly press F8 and then choose Disable automatic restart on system failure you have to do this everytime you restart or turn off pc.

I used a normal Microsoft USB Keyboard and USB Belkin Wireless network Adapter XP3 does not affect theses as far as I know.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 8:27 PM
  •  

Ok I found the error for the  ACPI Compliant BSOD stop error code: 0x000000A5 and  AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-60 Dual Core and ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard.

In my case it was the onboard network controllers

Marvell Yokon and Nvidia nforce network adapters.

I have two because I was using a wireless network adapter.I disabled both in the bios.If I left one enabled I never got the BSOD.

If you disable both in windows in Device Manager no errors.

Last install was successful so I thought write how I did may help others here.

Did clean install of windows xp Pro.

loaded defaults in bios.

Updated all drivers to latest out.

installed Norton Internet Security 2007 (but disabled when installing service pack 3 for xp).

Did a windows update and install everything except sp3.

put in a non USB mouse PS/2 port.

left Sata driver in bios enabled and had two hard drives installed.

Then got service pack 3 from windows updates.

• Proposed as answer by Phobiatic Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:20 AM
    Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:31 AM
  • Try updating the chipset drivers for the nForce motherboard chipset, direct from www.nvidia.com

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:05 PM
  •  

ya I did that thanks.

6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:32 PM
  • 6.86 are nearly two years old.  Is there nothing more up to date?  For instance, in a re-mix driver set?  Check out http://www.nforcershq.com/

Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:08 PM
  •  rdhw wrote:
    6.86 are nearly two years old.  Is there nothing more up to date?  For instance, in a re-mix driver set?  Check out http://www.nforcershq.com/

nForce Driver Version 6.86
    Version:
     6.86  WHQL
    Release Date: July 7, 2006

The latest I found unless you want to install windows Vista.Also got some from windows updates and http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Sunday, May 11, 2008 3:48 PM
  •  

Sorry Clint D. did not see your posts the usb flash drive was from http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3250146/Play-com-4GB-USB-2-0-Flash-Drive/Product.html also may have been having problem's because I was using the download from Microsoft download centre and not from windows updates.Also we have something in common I noticed the Silicon Image sil 3132 satalink controller (driver Date:29/10/2007) (driver version 1.0.22.1) only got this when I enabled raid setup in bios then did windows update.Then install SP3 under the Sata setup in bios.

In my bios I have 3 options Raid,Sata or disabled in advance on board.

Last install was successful so I thought write how I did may help others here.

Did clean install of windows xp Pro.

loaded defaults in bios.

Updated all drivers to latest out.

installed Norton Internet Security 2007 (but disabled when installing service pack 3 for xp).

Did a windows update and install everything except sp3.

put in a non USB mouse PS/2 port.

left Sata driver in bios enabled and had two hard drives installed.

Then got service pack 3 from windows updates and install restarted pc and put back my microsoft usb mouse and everything working fine now.

My BSOD happen's now only when I disable both network controller in the bios.

My pc been stable now since last night not had one BSOD loop error.I restarted my pc and turn off and turn on loads of times and no sign of my 0x0A5 stop error.

I just doubled checked again disabled both network controllers in bios and get same error as above.So just go into the bios reenabled the network controllers choose start windows or safe mode pc fine and working again.

some more info there http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/showpost.aspx?postid=3324669&siteid=17&mode=1&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:09 PM

• Hi eric777,

You and everyone else may want to look at this earlier post when sp3 was a RC2!

It may help you with some of your problems!

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3249375&SiteID=17

I haven't had much problems with sp3. Maybe it's because I don't use auto updates or windows updates.

I usually download the hot fixes and updates manually. Also, I slipstream sp3 into xpsp2! Many of the problem folks are having are due to having cache's turned on in the bios or in windows it's self which can cause all kinds of problems. Read the post listed above! Many problems won't happen if folks would prep their systems before installing sp3!

Take Care,

thesunnytexas
    Sunday, May 11, 2008 6:13 PM
  • Thanks looks like it is the Sata controller then.

30 Apr 2008, 3:10 AM UTC
    1stknight

Posts 276
    Re: Suggestion before installing service pack 3!
    Was this post helpful ?

Evening Reaper,
     please do as sugguested. Each round of release candidates people that didnt try the download candidates or Rtm there was a post minium of 3 to 6 of people that forget how programs they added are designed to work. Including Sp2 user account control, not installing from a FULL adminstrator account or safe mode, always causes problems. This includes software that leaves baited versions of Registery to install programs to. So when the SOFTWARE restores the registery, it will crash. or not be installed. Or you have a mixture of errors that are difficult to diagnose.

So please, follow the advice, download SATA drivers Intel or Nvidia, Via. Please save us from KNOWN issues. Sp3 doesnt not include drivers for sata. Since the image is designed around 2002. Adding to the complexity if SATA was include.
      We are here to help with Sp3 experiences, post experiences.

Sunday, May 11, 2008 6:40 PM
  • Found this link as well maybe Mesh's disc img of windows causing this error for some.

0x0000007E after XP SP2 upgrade on AMD PC | IT Support London - runPCrun

0x0000007E after XP SP2 upgrade on AMD PC
    Posted by Dan White on April 5, 2006 - 12:49pm (last updated on May 27, 2007 - 2:02am) Tags: fix and repair windows .
    Mesh computers seem to have made their AMD PC's using Intel CPU based Sysprep'ed images. Customer today with a Mesh PC who finally upgraded to Windows Service Pack 2 got this message:-
    A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...
    Technical information:
    *** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xFC5CCAF3, 0xFC90F8C0, 0xFC90F5C0)

The symptoms fitted everything on
    KnowledgeBase Article 888372 but it seemed their solution didn't work.

Quoted from the Microsoft website it said
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Intelppm"
    Change the "Start" Value data box, to 4"

I realised it may be a mistake so I modified it to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm
    So it changed the current controlset rather than a backup one and it did the trick. I guess it was a typo on their part.

Update: 02 August 2006
    Seems that on May 16, 2006 Microsoft have removed this solution from the Knowledgebase, now simply stating that they do not support this configuration.

Thanks Microsoft. I don't understand though. I don't mind if you put disclaimers stating that this fix might stain your washing blue or kill your puppies and that it wasn't Microsoft's fault in the first place that some 13 year installed your PC while playing with his whatevers... But for the love of all things holy, why remove a potential solution that may help people bring their systems back online??

OK, rant over Smile

Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:13 PM
  • Greeting Erick

The original error your installation recieved was a stop error Acpi take a look at this link from Ms.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841&sd=RMVP

According to the parameters 2

This error is defined as ACPI root PCI resource failure. To discover what current resources are being used by PCI devices, it must be able to query the CRS descriptor in the ACPI namespace. This error occurs because the BIOS lacks a pointer to the list, the list is empty, or contains errors/conflicts.

You stated removing the Logitech mouse solved part of your problem. So I would have looked at the system information and see which interrupts were being shared. And perhaps doing as you did changing the driver, or resources consumed. I would have looked at both the connected mouse settings and the removed to see what the conflict was. And changing the mouse driver to use different resoucres. This might have solved your problem. But hey 20 20. as you know.

If I might ask which bios version were you using in this system? I have 1405 runnning reliably. Just had to search the net to turn off things like USB legacy to install Sp2. But you probably know this already. I wish they had published the NOTES for the 1405 release of things fixed.

Cheers

Monday, May 12, 2008 7:21 AM
  •  1stknight wrote:

Greeting Erick

The original error your installation recieved was a stop error Acpi take a look at this link from Ms.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841&sd=RMVP

According to the parameters 2

This error is defined as ACPI root PCI resource failure. To discover what current resources are being used by PCI devices, it must be able to query the CRS descriptor in the ACPI namespace. This error occurs because the BIOS lacks a pointer to the list, the list is empty, or contains errors/conflicts.

You stated removing the Logitech mouse solved part of your problem. So I would have looked at the system information and see which interrupts were being shared. And perhaps doing as you did changing the driver, or resources consumed. I would have looked at both the connected mouse settings and the removed to see what the conflict was. And changing the mouse driver to use different resoucres. This might have solved your problem. But hey 20 20. as you know.

If I might ask which bios version were you using in this system? I have 1405 runnning reliably. Just had to search the net to turn off things like USB legacy to install Sp2. But you probably know this already. I wish they had published the NOTES for the 1405 release of things fixed.

Cheers

Well uninstall SP3 and using SP2 dont get stop error anymore and if I disable both the network adapters in the bios do not get the stop error.I can use any mouse I want PS/2 port or USB.The bios version I am using is 1305 which is the last stable release from ASUS web site.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:22 AM
  • Well contacted Microsoft though there support and same thing happed also someone esle on Mesh forum had the same confg as me and his pc mess up same as mine.It really bad as your whole setup software and hardware is really messed up.

Dear

Unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in resolving your issue at this time, therefore I can confirm I am keeping this case as unresolved. Please find a summary of the key points for your records below.

CURRENT STATUS: Error: 0x000000a5 (The BIOS is not fully-ACPI complaint).

ACTION PLAN: As discussed and informed on the call, please install Windows XP Service Pack 3 after re-installing Windows XP.

Regarding the issue with Windows XP Service Pack 3 update, it contains updates, packages and fixes to update the security settings of the computer. Sometimes, it might conflict with the security software installed on the computer. The security software like anti-virus or firewall has its own security settings configured on the system to protect from virus and spyware infections. The XP SP3 security settings being upgraded might conflict with pre-configured security settings from anti-virus software.

<<NOTE: You can re-install the anti-virus software once Windows XP SP3 is installed successfully. >>

1. Installation of Windows XP SP3:

a) You can also download Windows XP SP3 file from Microsoft download center and save it on the desktop screen. <<Please do not run the SP3 file to install it now. You only have to download the file to save it on the computer. >>

Click the following link to download the Windows XP SP3 file:

Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers

<<Windows XP SP3 file download for 32-bit operating system. >>

b) Uninstall the anti-virus software from the system and restart the computer.

c) Double-click the saved "SP3" file on the desktop screen and initiate the installation of XP SP3 update. Follow the instructions on the installation wizard.

d) Restart the computer after XP SP3 installation is finished.

e) Re-install the anti-virus software.

Please check the following website for further details about Windows XP:

Microsoft Help and Support

"Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP

Should you require any further assistance with this issue, please do not hesitate to call us with your case reference number already provided and we will be more than happy to help.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for choosing Microsoft.

Yours sincerely,

Microsoft Product Support Services http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support

Microsoft Contact Centre (UK): 0870 60 10 100

We pride ourselves at Microsoft on delivering an excellent service and we trust that you are totally satisfied with the service you have received. If you have any feedback about my work or your support experience, please send your comments and suggestions to my manager and the UK Management team by.

Done the above and still get stop error ACPI Compliant BSOD stop error code: 0x000000A5 and if I press F7 during clean install of windows xp pro get stop Error: Bad_Pool_Header 0x00000019.

So only way around this was to put my pc's hardware back to when I first brought it from Mesh Computers.

X-treme² SLI GTX
    Key Features:
    AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-60 Dual Core
    with HyperTransport™ Technology
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mainboard
    2048MB DDR 400 Memory
    600GB (2x 300GB Serial ATA Hard Drives)
    2x 512MB GeForce 7900GTX SLI
    20" Viewsonic VA-2012W Widescreen with
    DVI & 8ms response time + built in Speakers
    Creative Labs Soundbalster X-Fi
    Creative Labs I-Trigue 3330 - 2.1 Surround with Subwoofer
    1.44MB - 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive
    (Logitech Cordless Keyboard)don't this anymore & (Logitech Rechargeable Cordless Mouse MX700 works ok during install of ServicePack 3.

I lost the Mesh restore img on the hard drive had to use the Mesh restore cd.

Had to use Fdisk for Windows Me to get my hard drives back to working order and restore the Dio Hard Drive Driver fix for the Maxtor Drives and restore pc to windows xp service 2.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:59 PM
  • I give up lol Had enough been getting another stop error since installing SP3.

Anyone know what to do about Machine_Check_Exception stop error 0x0000009c my pc totally messd up now BSOD's.I was trying to use ghost 10 recoverly disc then got that BSOD.

Also get this BSOD if I tried to update to service 3.

Microsoft phone today but could not do anything because of the BSOD's

Had to restore the Hardware Config to reinstall the Mesh OEM recoverly disc Pressing F7 while you load windows.So not to load the default drivers from the Mesh restore disc will not work.

So have to Put all the hardware back to the way it was when I brought my pc then restore my pc to windows XP pro.

I think this is why I been having problems with my microsoft mouse there no driver for it on the disc so if I use Logitech why trying to restore my pc messes it up some how.

Also in the pass if I remember right if you changed the hardware config then you had to reactive the windows key or even windows would not let you activated unless you phone microsoft.

I have three pc's one running windows Vista 64bit SP1 and two running windows xp pro my dell one install fine which was dell xps gaming rig really was fine intel install no problems had nortons 2007 running on it when in install SP3.

The only one been having problems with is AMD cpu and ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mainboard sl.

The only intel in the reg edit that I can find is for the Ide lead controller.

Don't really want to upgrade my bios to latest when it is a still in beta.

Machine_Check_Exception stop error 0x0000009c BSOD's was trying to use ghost 10 recoverly disc on windows Xp pro service 2 this caused the above error.Used Maxtor Drives software and restored my pc to windows xp service 2.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:33 PM
  • The sp2 fix is only for AMD Athlon Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Edition
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mainboard.

Just been given a reg patch by **** computers because I could not boot up after installing xp pro SP2.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\intelppm]
    "Start"=dword:00000004

Sorry after 8 days of trying to install service pack 3 with all the BSOD's three difference stop errors no thanks microsoft.I stick to the sp2 and 92 windows updates that I know work. 

Prior to SP2, it did not matter what hardware you created your image for Sysprep(*) on, that was the idea, you created it on a generic system and when it was deployed it would make decisions based on the needs of the system it was being deployed on.

When SP2 was introduced, it became necessary for the windows images for AMD systems to be created on AMD systems and Intel ones on Intel systems.

Microsoft is now claiming (confirming?) that the problem being seen with the majority of systems upgraded to SP3 is due to the same issue (as the sp2 upgrade) only this time they get to hold their heads aloft and say the OEMs already knew about the issue so it isn't actually their fault.

If this is the same problem then the issue is regarding a library that is loaded at boot, one which is different depending on which system type you have.

The silly thing is that after all this time how difficult is it to have in the boot code a simple check on which CPU is present, and then load which one of the two files is needed. Instead, SP3 is released with the same requirement which removes one of the reasons for using Sysprep.

Anyway, I'm not sure at this point but rather than hold back to see, I've posted the link to the file that resolved the problem with SP2 way back when that first occurred. All it is is a registry key edit, that switches between which of the two library files should be used.

(*) Sysprep - System Preparation tool, a tool with a collection of functions that allowed an OEM to create an image for deployment on to the PC's they produce so they don't have to sit and install Windows manually each time

Thursday, May 15, 2008 2:35 PM
  •  

glauer wrote:

I found the same problem, but ONLY on those machines which are running Media Center versions (editions?) of WXP.  The workaround is straightforward:

Go into safe mode.

Find "intelppm.sys" in the system32 subdirectory of windows.

rename that file to "intelppm.sys.old"

restart.

It works. 

George

Cheers that worked dunno why because I try it before after ten days of trying it gone in and everything fine.

AMD platform based pc only.
    Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:03 PM
  • For those who are having issues with an Asus Mobo, disabeling APM in the BIOS fixed the problem for me. Boots up fine.

Setup:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    2 Gig Ram
    Belkin WIreless G Desktop Card

Saturday, September 27, 2008 5:03 AM
  • Can you explain how to do this? Do I press DEL on bootup? Where I can press TAB to display BIOS POST?

Please include instructions. Thanks!
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:33 PM
  •  Windows XP SP3 Installation Fix For A8N32-SLI DeLuxe - v14.09 (Beta) BIOS from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - It´s WORKING !!!

For those who can´t install Windows XP because of the annoying ERROR - " The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant ", this beta bios
    is really working. Maybe for other errors, to i´ll don´t know about that.....

So to all of you out there - have a good Windows XP SP3 Experience.

\\BodyGuard

DownLoad directly from ASUSTeK Computer Inc.:

Description: A8N32-SLI DeLuxe BIOS v14.09 (Beta)
    Fix the system is unable to enter OS when USB flash drive is connected under Windows XP SP3.
    (Update to this version ONLY if you are experience this issue!) 

File Size  528.14 (KBytes) 2008/12/26 update 

Please note, BIOS update is only recommended when experiencing technical difficulties with your system, And is not recommended to be performed regularly.
    Moreover, due to the nature of BIOS update, there is certain level of dangers involved. BIOS update must be performed with extreme caution .
    During BIOS update process, your system must be maintained without interference or power loss to prevent unexpected damage.
    In case of BIOS update failure, please follow instructions in your User's Manual for guidelines on BIOS recovery via CrashFree BIOS.
    In the event that BIOS recovery is not recoverable via CrashFree BIOS, please contact your place of purchase for further assistance on BIOS recovery.

Download  A8N32-SLI DeLuxe BIOS v14.09 (Beta) from    - - - - > >>   http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N32-SLI%20Deluxe/A8N32-SLI-Deluxe-1409.zip

y also need:

Description: AFUDOS V2.21, AMI BIOS update tool. 

File Size  22.55 (KBytes) 2005/09/05 update 

Download AMI BIOS update tool DOS from   - - - - > > >   http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/AFUDOS221.zip

• Proposed as answer by tcsenter Friday, January 16, 2009 9:00 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2009 12:58 PM
  • Guys, I know this is old, but today (04-27-11) I was suddenly plaqued with the 0x000000a5 bsod.  Your help lead to my solution which had a slight variation.  Wanted to post my solution to help others. Here is what I found for my fix.

I was on old bios 1103.  Nonethess, I tried the suggestion to disable APM in bios.  That allowed me to boot fine.  

Then I read that bios update 1409 beta addressed the problem so I flashed the bios.  Cleared bios and reset my settings and darn BSOD back same 0a5 message.  Reset bios to default and boot just fine.  Then I go back and redo all my customized settings and it turns out that one setting was responsible for my bsod.  I was disabling Serial Port 1 because I never use it.  Through process of elimination I found that enabling it (default) solved my problem.

Thanks everyone.

bob

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:51 PM
  • this worked for my Toshiba Satellite M40

Thanks

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:20 AM