none
Devices and printers

Question

• I've seen this question a couple of time put I never saw an answer.

I have Windows7 Home Premium. I deleted an old HP printer from Devices and printers put it keeps coming back. It's not plugged into the computer.

Any answers.

Thanks

Frank

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:42 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:54 PM

Answers

• Did you install the printer drivers previously from a CD? If you did, try looking for the printer drivers/utility under ctrl panel>programs> programs & features, look under the list, once found have it uninstall.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by liebchen Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by liebchen Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by liebchen Monday, March 19, 2012 5:09 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

Do you want to remove the old HP printer completely? If so, please click “Remove Device” in the Devices and printers dialog box.
    If the issue persists, you may uninstall the HP printer program in the Programs and Features. Right click the target program and click “uninstall” option.
    Another way is to uninstall one device in Device Manager. Right the device and click “uninstall” option.

If there is any other further question about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:24 AM

All replies

• Did you install the printer drivers previously from a CD? If you did, try looking for the printer drivers/utility under ctrl panel>programs> programs & features, look under the list, once found have it uninstall.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by liebchen Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by liebchen Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 PM
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Hi,

Do you want to remove the old HP printer completely? If so, please click “Remove Device” in the Devices and printers dialog box.
    If the issue persists, you may uninstall the HP printer program in the Programs and Features. Right click the target program and click “uninstall” option.
    Another way is to uninstall one device in Device Manager. Right the device and click “uninstall” option.

If there is any other further question about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Hope that helps.

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:24 AM