none
SATA DVD ROM BUG "HP DVD1270

General discussion

• I wish to report a bug with Windows 8 ,

The Bug is that when I added the SATA HP dvd1270 Drive Windows did not recognize it.

I checked the Computers Bios settings and it was listed in the Bios as being there. So I placed the disk in to the HP dvd1270  device and the disk booted up.

After the install completed the SATA DVD Drive was recognized, where as before, the SATA Drive wasn't even being Detected by Windows 8 Enterprise .

There was no Dumping error or anything, the OS simply did not see it or recognize it until after using it to install the OS.

A Side note a secondary Os that I use did indeed detect the Drive, it was a Non Windows OS.

I am wondering if others are having issues as well with some devices that may have a similar issue.

Confirmed:

You must load Windows 8 with said drive for Windows 8 to use it.

• Edited by ASUSTUV4x Saturday, September 15, 2012 6:19 AM Add Confermation
    • Changed type Niki HanModerator Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:32 AM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 10:42 PM

All replies

• I recommend to post this issue to HP forum too and report it to their support.
    Monday, September 17, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

I will collect your feedback. I think both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases. Thanks for testing Windows 8.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Not sure where to go on the HP  area, Oh and I need to also State, in general the drive must be connected, it doesn't have to be used in order for windows to use it.
    If it is not connected then Windows will not recognize it.
    • Edited by ASUSTUV4x Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:26 AM Needed to clarify
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:24 AM