Laserjet 1020 Driver for Vista

Question

• Does anyone have a driver for the HP Laserjet 1020 for windows vista beta2. Can't seem to find one any where one the net. Let me know. 

Thanks,

Louis

Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:42 AM

All replies

• Same here....

Nothing on HP's site [that I've found] and ive tried some of the other inbuild laserjet drivers in vista but no joy :(

Always is the one that you need isn't it? lol

Cheers
    Nath.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:30 PM
  • Seems the new Microsoft Driver for the HP LaserJet 1020 is working. However when something is done printing it says in the printer log spooling and does not go away. Hopefully Microsoft can fix this little bug. It goes away when you reboot thaugh.

Thanks,

Louis

Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:39 PM
  • Hi,

I just installed printer from original HP LJ 1020 driver CD and it works.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:18 PM
  • I figured out how to make my HP1020 LaserJet Printer work in Vista Ultimate Edition. Xp software&drivers will work in Vista after a little tweaking in printer properties.

1)Install the CD-Rom HP Software/Drivers that came with your Printer at the time you purchased it. These Xp software&drivers are Vista Compatible after tweaking the Printer Properties. Reboot after installing.

2)Goto Start/Printers. Right click HPLaserJet1020 then Left click Properties. An HPLaserJet Properties window should have popped up.

3)Click the Advanced Tab. Click the Print Processor button located at bottom of window.

4)Select print processor as>>>IMFPrint.  Then Select Default Data Type as>>>RAW.   Click OK.

5)Now return to the Main HPLaserJet Properties window and click the General Tab. On the Bottom of that window; Click the Print Test Page Button.  Finished!  A test page should be printing out if you adjusted the printer properties correctly. Enjoy!

Saturday, January 13, 2007 3:55 AM
  • Good work  HP1000 SERIES VISTA FIX. FYI - This did not work for me until I changed the option in that same window (advanced settings) to "print directly to the printer". Spooling does not work.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 3:12 PM
  • Thank you.

I don't know how you figured this out but after following your directions my HP 1020 worked perfectly.

Craig Heard

Monday, February 19, 2007 3:18 PM
  • Outstanding work around. Do you by chance know how to get Vista to display USB type of port? All I have are the local and TCP/IP ports available.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

I tried the instructions but do not get past step 1. When I install, I get to the part where Vista wants to install software automatically, so then it says cannot find solution, but HP software never gets past its detection screen, so printer icon is never created. Any suggestions?

I am Joseph at gregorguy@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Joseph

Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:08 AM
  • When Windows Vista Detects Hardware-click Cancel But continue with the HP Driver Install Cd/Setup.exe.

Note: you should not have your printer installed  yet!  You must install the drivers Before you plug in your usb printer!

Hope that helps!  Peace.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 8:44 PM
  • Does it take a extremely long time for the HP setup to detect the printer?
    Because when i get to the step where it asks to connect the printer and i plug in the usb cable even though vista seems to detect the printer (i hit cancel when it did) the HP software just seems to be sitting there and the only option i have is the back button.
    Friday, February 23, 2007 8:09 PM
  • Another bug, do this, turn the printer off for 2 seconds and back on. I bet it sees it now.
    Friday, February 23, 2007 8:36 PM
  • See posting below entitled "HP 1000 SERIES WINDOWS VISTA FIX DISCOVERED" 

This worked for me as an interim fix pending HP's driver update which according to their webpage may not be completed until June, 2007.

Craig Heard

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:45 PM
  • Nope :( it just sits at the turn on ur printer and plug in usb step. vista detects it when i turn it off and on again i hit cancel again but HP setup does nothing.
    Friday, February 23, 2007 8:46 PM
  •  Craig Heard wrote:

See posting below entitled "HP 1000 SERIES WINDOWS VISTA FIX DISCOVERED"

This worked for me as an interim fix pending HP's driver update which according to their webpage may not be completed until June, 2007.

Craig Heard

I can't get past the initial install to do the rest of the instructions .....
    HP setup doesn't seem to detect the printer
    Friday, February 23, 2007 8:51 PM
  • I got tired of waiting for HP to issue drivers for my LaserJet 1020 for Vista. The following is part of an email I sent to HP, of course, I haven't heard back from them yet. Now I can't guarantee that this will work for all, but it works perfectly on my system.

"Work around for LaserJet 1020 and MS Vista. Since HP is taking quite a long time to come up with drivers, and I really needed to find a way to print, I found a work around. Please feel free to pass this on to your engineers. First: Download just the barebones XP drivers (lj1020-1022-HB-pd-win2kxp-en.exe)and save them to your HD. Right click on the file and select "Properties", then select the compatibility tab. Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Next "Privilege Level", check the box for "Run this program as an administrator." Click "Apply" then "OK". Temporarily disable any anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-malware or ad-blocking software. I also recommend disabling any firewall during the installation. Remember to enable all of these programs after the drivers are installed. (Best bet, reboot after installation!) Second: Make sure you are logged on as an administrator, don't assume, make sure! Also, be sure the 1020 is plugged in (powered up) and connected to your computer. Right click on the download and click on "Run as administrator". Allow the drivers to install. Reboot your system.

My 1020 is working perfectly under Vista right now. I hope this helps out at least one more person."

Saturday, February 24, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Tried doing what you said mike but i seem to stuck at the same point again (HP setup printer detection).

I got the driver from the HP site i set compatibility to XP sp2.
    I could not change the privilege level was grayed out (probably coz there is only one account on this pc and its the admin).
    (Printer on and plug in at this time). Canceled vista driver install....
    I ran it as an admin.
    It extracts the files to program files (x86)/LaserJet 1020-1022 drivers.
    Then does nothing.
    So i went to the folder set compatibility of the EZinstall file to XP sp2 and ran it as an admin.
    It looks like it copies some files. Then gets stuck on the printer detection part.
    weird thing is when i turn off the printer it detects it ><
    So i tried doing it with the printer off and turning on the printer when it asks and boom it says printer detected im jumping around all happy coz i think its finally worked.
    But it just stays on that new printer detected note forever.
    Finally it says installation operation failed.
    thanks for the help everyone. If you have anymore ideas please post em ><
    peace
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:37 PM
  • Thanks, it worked. The first test page didn't come out but I pressed print again and it worked.

Shawn

Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:56 PM
  • Here's what worked for me.  Take the steps Mike Pasta has done above.  I had the same issue as Ishan22.  Add the printer like you normally would ("start">settings>printers>add a printer).  The installation goes for a while then fails.  But when I rebooted, it was there, and it worked!  Actually, I have the printer connected to a different PC, so I had to get it working through the network.  Here's the trick that I found on another message board.  When you go through the installation, don't choose network printer.  Add a local printer.  Then create a port with \\servername\printername (this has to be exactly correct).  Then go through the installation as above.  Here are some other steps to try that I've also read.  Once the printer is installed, you may need to right-click on it> properties > advanced > print processor.  Some people have said set this to Winprint/RAW.  Mine works on IMFPrint/IMF and I'm not changing it.
    Also, when working on this, you may get the message that the print spooler has stopped.  It's a hassle to reboot everytime, so instead "start" > run > cmd to get a prompt, then type "net start spooler".  You can also stop the spooler with "net stop spooler"  Hope this helps.
    Good luck!
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:41 PM
  • Hi everybody, sorry for my english, the important thing is that I followed the steps (those 4) but after I installed the driver (with the printer off) and turned on the printer, Windows Vista Ultimate recognized it. So I rebooted the system as said in the following step, and when I turned it on once again the system recognized the printer and installed it. I printed the test page, and it worked! just like that.

So I wish you all luck with this printer driver, if I may help you, write to me at fra_silvio@hotmail.com

Bye
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:13 AM
  • At first this did not work for me. My cd had drivers from 2005.

I downloaded the FULL version of the CURRENT driver (hp_LJ1020-1022_Full_Solution.exe), followed the fix instructions precisely, and the test page printed!  The file is 328MB, so if you have a low-bandwith internet connection it might be easier to order the cd from HP. I don't know if the plug-n-play version alone would be adequate.

Thanks HP1000 SERIES VISTA FIX!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:51 AM
  • Thank you so much for posting this "fix" I have been getting the run around from HP and Microsoft.  I followed the instructions, HP laserjet 1018 now works.  I can't thank you enough, I thought I was going to have to buy another printer.

Catherine.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:59 PM
  • Hey guys -

I was wondering if anyone could give me some more advise?  I tried to follow your instructions as best I can, but have had no luck.

The problem i'm having seems to be similar to the problem experienced by other posters..  Im running Vista Ultimate, 64 bit edition.

I install the new updated downloaded drivers, under administrator, in xp compatible mode - it goes fine until it comes time to turn on the printer.  Every time I turn on the printer Vista tries to detect it automatically.  I have tried following all the options, but from what I understand from you guys is I'm supposed to just hit cancel when vista tried to detect the printer?

So I do that and im left with the Hp detect printer screen  -and nothing happens.  I try turning the printer on and off, and all I get is the Vista autodetect screen showing up again.

I cannot get that HP screen to advance or to detect the printer.  I dont know what I'm doing wrong but its driving me crazy that I cant use this printer!! if anyone can give me any advice either in a post or email me at jamie_cartwright@hotmail.com  I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks
    Jamie

Friday, March 23, 2007 3:04 AM
  • "User Access Control" if turned on, yes on... I can install the 10xx (1012,1018 etc) with no problems... no other tricks needed...

I have a 1012 on an XP machine shared out, and a 1018 on a Vista, plus another Vista machine, that can hook and print to all, but getting the drivers to install "require" User Access control be on...

Friday, April 06, 2007 10:27 PM
  • Hi friends,

Please let me know hwch drivers to install for Laserjet 1020 in Vista .Is it Laserjet 1015 or Laserjet 6L

Sunday, April 08, 2007 1:36 PM
  • Hi friends,

Please let me know which drivers to install for Laserjet 1020 in Vista .Is it Laserjet 1015 or Laserjet 6L

Sunday, April 08, 2007 1:37 PM
    Monday, April 09, 2007 1:12 PM
  • Just tried your solution - it worked perfectly!  Many thanks for the tip.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:23 PM
  • Worked great. Thank you.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 6:27 PM
  • I m using Laserjet 1020.. i have tried all the methods that i see here but its not working for me still..i m using vista and during normal installing, it cannot detect my usb port or cable.. It says my usb device is not recognized. This happens when i install everything and HP wants me to plug in the usb cable... I hope someone can help me out in this.. its rather important for me as this printer is at my workplace i need to get somethings done soon. Thank you in advance..
    Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:07 AM
  • I just wanted to say thank you for this post. It fixed my issue -- I had to put in the settings, then re-boot, then install for everything to "set" and work properly, but it was an answer to a nasty headache --- so thank you for such clear instructions !

Truly appreciated.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:44 AM
  • The fix that helped me was Mike Pasta's. However, I did have to dld the program, change its settings, then re-boot before installing for it to work. Your issue of the cable and printer not even being detected should be taken care of before doing this.

If it does not automatically detect a turned on, plugged in printer automatically, I would suggest going into your printer settings and see if your printer is named there. It ought to be checked as the default printer. If not, you might have to add your printer to that box. THEN, after again making certain it is the default printer, re-boot, THEN download the 1020 software, and then follow the alterations Mike posted (except for the actual install) --- then install.

I am sorry I cannot be much more help than this -- I am not really a tekkie. I hope that your solution is as simple as that.

Good luck !

Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:04 AM
  • Your solution worked as advertised except that I had to uninstall the 1020 drivers that were already on the machine. Also had to ignore the window "found new hardware" messages.  Thanks  a bunch - this has been a real bother to me.  Microsoft or HP couldn't come up with this?
    Saturday, May 19, 2007 6:13 AM
  • Check the post by "New Egg Customer" on page one of these comments. Be sure to unstall any existing 1020 drivers, ignore the standard windows warnings about "new hardware found" and follow the installation instructions on the CD.  Once you get the message that the printer has been installed, reboot the system then follow "New Egg Customer's" advice about the Print Processor settings. You might have to print two test pages before the 1020 will respond.  But it now works great for me on Vista Ultimate.

Clyde

Saturday, May 19, 2007 6:31 AM
  • This is driving me nuts.  I've been working for three days to get the LaserJet 1012 to work with XP 64, and I cannot get it to go.  Many of you here seem to be having decent success with the 1020-1022 series.  Is there something I can do to make this work?  Would it be possible if I upgraded t Vista? (Not my first choice.)

I'm having the same problem with the 4400c Scanner.  HP's 64bit support is far from stellar!

Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:30 AM
  • First the1020 and the 1022 are 2 totally different series of printers from a printer engine standpoint... though they share the same toner cartridge, the 1022 is a PCL printer with onboard memory to handle printing, thus the higher price tag.

The 1020 is the same printer as all those down to the 1012... all versions of Vista except the 64 bit version will work with the XP drivers.

Understand HP hasn't realeased any XP 64 drivers yet, 2 years after release.

To get the XP drivers to work with all Non 64 bit Vista's all I've had to do is make certain that that stupid permissions manager is on... yes on... and it's been a straight install a dozen or more times
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:00 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Bob, and for clearing up the model differences. 

I see you have had great success with non-64 Vista.  Any tips or insights on how I can get this bad boy working in XP 64?

Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:49 PM
  • Hey -

I think that your likely out of luck with XP 64

I am running Vista 64 and have literally tried everything to get this printer working.  It looks like Vista will recognize XP drivers just fine with only a tiny bit of modification, but the problem is that HP hasn't made a 64 bit driver for XP or for Vista.

I mean, it's only been 4 months since Vista released, and 64 bit XP has only been around for what.. just under 2 years?  If you call HP tech support they're no help - 2 months ago they said that they've sent drivers to microsoft for approval - but that's obviously BS. If they had sent drivers for approval they would likely release a beta driver that they don't support to give people like us a chance to get it working.  I'm extremely frustrated - HP has lost a customer for life here.  I will NEVER buy one of their printers again.

Good luck getting yours working DJGray - and please, if you do figure anyhting else out.  Post it here.

Thanks
    Jamie

Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:19 PM
  • HP 1015 will do the trick
    Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:17 PM
  • I don't show that as an option.  I tried every driver even close to 1012, and none of them worked.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:50 PM
  •  DJGray wrote:

I don't show that as an option. I tried every driver even close to 1012, and none of them worked.

XP 64... nope, though I've gotten it to work with Vista, I can not find an XP 64 solution... I bought a brother HL2040 for $65... has drivers for all OS's... although I've loved (past tense) hp... I have given up on them.

As mentioned above, XP 64, out for almost 2 years... and no drivers... excuses are like "bottoms" (changed the word to be polite) ... everyone has them and most of them stink...

HP is too 1. lazy 2. stupid 3. broke... to write new drivers... heck with them
    Friday, May 25, 2007 12:18 AM
  • ur the man
    Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:54 AM
  • Dear  jimkay,

i also use hp 1020 printer and installed its driver in vista x86 (32-bit easily), i guess, you can, if you do like me. use your hp laserjet driver CD (which have driver for XP) start to install it like in XP and at that time you should connect to the internet. CD try to install drivers and an extra file which download from microsoft (it will take ~ 2 min.). . if you see the masseage of getting in problem to find driver of 1020, be patient and continue. during this proccess check hp printer icon appearance in control panel -> printer. when you see that you can disconnect and use your hp 1020 print in vista 32bit. but this doesnot work in x64 vista.

Goodluck

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:18 AM
  • catherine, could you tell me how you fixed it step by step.

my hp 1018 is itching to work too, but i couldnt figure out the fix for the 1020 by " egg" on this forum...

thanks.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:42 AM
  • I found a workaround for users with the 1022n and Vista x64.  After a lot of research and trial and error, I found a working driver that will give you pretty much full printing functionality.  And best of all, the driver is included with Vista.  Manually choose the OkiData OKIPAGE 8p Plus (MS) driver and yippie ki yay... works like a charm.

Chris

Thursday, June 07, 2007 10:58 PM
  • Just understand that the HP 1022, is not the same series as the 1020 and lower.  There are a huge number of drivers that will work with the 1022, since it is a PCL printer, actually, any generic PCL driver "should" drive it.  The 1022 has on board memory, and thus the cost of it is $199 ish, compared to the 1020, which has no on board memory, and is a "win" printer... and is $79.

Though the 2 printers share the same "box", the electronics are totally different.
    Thursday, June 07, 2007 11:38 PM
  •  cferra wrote:

I found a workaround for users with the 1022n and Vista x64. After a lot of research and trial and error, I found a working driver that will give you pretty much full printing functionality. And best of all, the driver is included with Vista. Manually choose the OkiData OKIPAGE 8p Plus (MS) driver and yippie ki yay... works like a charm.

Chris

Good find, Chris.  This worked for me also (Vista x64, Laserjet 1022n).  I think this may be a sufficient solution until (if?) HP releases their own driver, or even if they don't.  I'll keep an eye out for any printing problems with this driver, but I haven't seen any yet.
    Jim

Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:03 PM
  • Boy people just don't get it... the 1022 "looks" like the 1012-1220 printers, it shares the same case, but bears no resemblance from a printers standpoint... any PCL driver should push the 1022.

Now since this thread started with the 1012-1020 series, HP still hasn't written any drivers for, nor have I heard of another driver that works for these printers for Vista and XP 64...

Anyone found a solution for these in the aformentioned OS"s?
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:27 AM
  • Any suggestions  on a PCL driver to select?
    I'll try that Oki driver suggested above but I'd feel lots mo' comfortable with an HP.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 6:41 PM
  • Cferra be da man! That OkiData driver works purrfectly with a 1022
    Thanks Chris!
    Sunday, July 01, 2007 7:19 PM
  • Again, the 1022 only shares a case with the 1012-1020's.... 1022 has nothing in common with the printer that this post was started about....

Start a thread for the 1022 and up... so those of us monitoring this thread find pertantant  posts, please.
    Friday, July 06, 2007 10:50 AM
  • Ok.. after months of searching, here's what I've come up with. There appears to be a beta driver listed on HP's beta website. However, the link is broken. http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/software/lj1020-x64.exe_beta

So the extension obviously looks incorrect, so I moved it back to where it should be like the other files and what do you know a file exists.

http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/#Vista64
    http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/software/lj1020-x64_beta.exe

I'm going to try this now and see what happens. Fingers crossed..

-------------- UPDATE ------------

It works!!! It has files for about 20 so languages, so just pick the one you need when you add the printer, and it should install with relative ease.

I haven't heard it run for about half a year since I got Vista, so it sounded a little wierd at first, but the test page came out, and printing off Internet Explorer worked.. so far so good.
    Sunday, July 08, 2007 1:15 AM
  • Thought I'd point out this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-52037-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439320&os=2093&lang=en

for the LaserJet 1020 - Vista 32bit only.

NOTE: Sorry if this has been mentioned already - havent been keeping track of the posts.

I checked for the Vista 64bit version, and also for the Laserjet 1022 Vista 32 / 64 bit versions, but they dont seem to be ready yet.

I dont have the full release of Vista yet so can't say whether HP's new 1020 driver works properly on Vista 32, but i can only assume it does [or they wouldnt have waited so long to release it].

Just thought you all should know for those that didnt realise that the vista 32 bit of the 1020 driver was out.

Regards

Nath.

Sunday, July 08, 2007 3:39 AM
  • Hey . . I tried out all the steps . . bt i am still not 'victorious'. I have been trying to make my new HP Laserjet 1018 work on Vista Ultimate since last 5 and 1/2 hrs . .I am frustrated big time . . Please help me . . The start>>printer . . is showing 'error' on the status of HP Laserjet 1018 as soon as i click for printing the test page . .no page comes out .. n on clickin for da second time on print test page, the explorer crahes !!!  . Please help me . .
    Monday, July 09, 2007 10:01 AM
  • Although I have a LaserJet 1000 series printer, I just wish to express an opinion on the unreasonable and unjustified delay on HP's part to make said printer work with Windows Vista.

HP knew for at least three (3) years (possibly more) that Microsoft was working on Windows Vista.  Why they are so late in supporting their products under Windows Vista is, in my humble (but correct) opinion, inexcusable and unacceptable.

Microsoft gave PLENTY of notification to companies so that they could include drivers for their products in Windows Vista.  HP must not have gotten the memo (or ignored it).  Nobody should have to use "interim fixes" and "workarounds" to solve problems.

Mark L. Ellis
    Edmond, OK
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:47 PM
  • Mark, here's what worked for me on Vista and my HP Laserjet 1000

- downloaded xp driver from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=45675&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=45674&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228#1130

- ran the file to extract more files in to a directory called lj1000hb

- disconnected the printer

- used control panel to add hardware, chose "install hardware that I manually select"

- chose "show all devices"

- chose "have disk"

- browsed...to the lj1000hb directory

- chose "zUsb"

- followed the rest of the prompts, reconnected the printer, and it now works

Hope this helps

Freeman

Monday, September 17, 2007 4:21 AM
  • I Want the driver for printer HP laserjet 1020 for windwoos VISTA

I need it for my laptop

best regards 

Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:33 PM
  • I have the 1020 printer, and I installed the drivers following the instructions - although my printer is now working, when I am printing from Acrobat there are some weird dotted lines, on the margins. Did anyone else encounter this, and if so, is there a solution?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:29 PM
  • I too had seen the details on HP's website about the driver availability for the LaserJet 1000 printer being June 2007 (or maybe July 2007).

Having checked again last night, there is now NO DATE for projected availability. 

It doesn't look to me as though they are going to make a Vista driver for the 1000; if so, they are roughly 4-6 months OVERDUE.

As I said on my first post, HP (and other companies/developers) knew about Vista's upcoming release for at least three years before it was made available, so in my humble (but correct) opinion, they are without excuse.

Don't try e-mailing them about it, either.  All I got was a form reply saying (paraphrasing here) we thank you for your comment and will consider it in due course.

Right.  I'm sure they will.  SHOW ME.  Don't tell me.

Mark Ellis, CPA

Edmond, OK

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:10 PM
  • Hi,
    The workaround is to check the "Rotated" box on the Basics tab of the driver's printing preferences.  Do that and save it in the default preferences for the printer, so you don't have to check the box on every print.  It spins the printout around 180 degrees and eliminates the dashed lines on the margin, which is a known bug in the driver.  If you use letterhead or other asymmetrical paper, remember to flip that around 180 also in your input tray.

Jim
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:27 AM
  •  

Hello

I have been trying the various tips / work arounds that you guys have written on this forum to get the HP 1020 printer working in Vista. What i have found out is that the real problem lies in Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 8. Initially i easily installed the 1020 printer on my laptop with Vista 32bit and it worked fine for many days until i tried to print a page from Acrobat Reader 8.0, the spooler errors started coming and the printer driver got corrupted. When i reinstalled the driver using the tips given in this forum again it crashed with Acrobat 8.0.  I finally uninstalled Acrobat 8.0 and completely removed all the printer drivers (even from registry) and then installed the 1020 using the driver available on the HP website (with the tips in this forum) and it worked fine. I installed Acrobat Reader 7.0 and it is printing to this printer absolutely fine (uptil now!!)

So guys, if you have Acrobat 8.0 then remove this faulting software to get releived...

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 7:09 PM

• OK, I'm no better off than before attempting this install and "tweak" because I still cannot print envelopes and now there is a lovely black line running down the right side of the page. 

And Vista keep relooping the install disk and will not allow you to close the damned setup program, even after printing the test page.

Besides, every time you make any changes to Windows you have to reboot, and reboot. etc.
    Wednesday, March 05, 2008 12:48 AM
  • Although this solution is over a year old now, it fixed my LJ1020/Vista problem.  My printer was working fine until yesterday when the spooler started to act up (error message "spooler subsystem app stopped working").  I tried many suggestions after Googling the problem and spent several hours without success.  Your solution worked....many thanks!!!

Don Wigle, Ottawa, Canada

Saturday, March 22, 2008 2:47 PM
  • So does this mean that there still is no fix for 64 bit Vista and my HP1012? It works fine on my laptop with 32 bit Vista.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:06 AM
  • Hi Louis,

Hp Laserjet 1020 Full software download

Good Luck
    Gokhan

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:31 AM
  • hi, I worked this hp 1020 driver and software, good performance.
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:08 PM
  • If you all need the super duper driver for 32 bit Windows which will fix all your problems, go to: gameaddict.eu and search for "hp 1020" to find the thread where you can download the driver which will fix all your problems for 32 bit with HP LJ 1020 and 1018.

leave comments.

This is the best, read on there... leave comments and vote this as the answer if it works for you!

Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:41 PM
  • Hi my friend ...

I have the same printer and I use to use this printer on windows vista 64bit, I provided backup of the driver and it also works on windows 7 64bit, in the case that you use windows 64bit I can zip the driver files and email it for you ...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 8:35 AM