Windows 7 ultimate (x86)) product ID (product key) evaluation disc 0959.01

Question

• I need the product ID for windows 7 ultimate (x86)), evaluation disc  so I can complete the installation that I received from technet about nov 09. I have not had an occassion to make the installation until now.
    Monday, August 08, 2011 3:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Johngs,

This is not the place to ask for product IDs.  Please contact Microsoft support with any questions or licensing requests.

Thanks,

Arposh

Rich Prescott
    Blog | Twitter: @Arposh | MCITP, MCTS, MCP | Powershell Client System Administration tool
    Monday, August 08, 2011 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

Please note that the evaluation version of Windows 7 is a free download and works 90 days, and if I remember correctly you will not even need a product key for it as you can simply activate it after the installation over the internet. There's no difference between the TechNet version and the downloadable version: > Download page <

If you're referring to a Windows 7 image that you downloaded through your TechNet account back in the end of 2009, your TechNet subscription expired and you don't have access to your product keys anymore, then you're out of luck. While the TechNet keys will not expire nor will they be blocked after an account expiration (unless keys are distributed to other parties), you cannot be reissued with new keys to activate products that you downloaded.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz.

If one of these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer".

My Blog | Twitter: @Schwarz_Stephan | MCTS, MCITP, MCC.
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 12:52 AM