none
COMPAQ PRESARIO V2000 DRIVERS IM USING WIN 7

Question

• HEY I NEED SOME HELP I M USING WIN 7 AND MY DRIVERS NOT WORKING WITH THIS SO PLEASE I WANNA STILL WORKING WITH WIN 7 I NEED THE DIRVER A HAVE NO SOUND  MY MOUSE PAT NOT WORKING PROPERLY AND NOTHING HAPPENG IN THE COMPAQ WEB PAGE THANKS
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi again.
    Question for you:
    Did you install a 32- or 64-bit version of Win7?  If you're not sure, open System Properties (Start > right-click Computer > Properties).  What's the "System Type" line say?

I did find a fix for the sound issue.  See this thread for links and instructions.
    I would, though, like to see how your Device Manager looks.  Could you possibly screenshot it, and upload it (and post a link) to Photobucket, Live Skydrive, or a similar photo-sharing site?
    Reason I ask:  the touchpad should "JustWork."  Synaptics touchpads install as generic PS/2 pointing devices.  As such, they should JustWork, so long as the OS can 'see' the PS/2 port.
    It would be helpful (for that, as well as the rest of the driver situation) to see just how much of the system has working drivers in place.

-Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    • Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, December 04, 2009 6:04 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 4:25 AM
  • Hello Gatolupa2,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click the problematic device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Compaq Presario V2424NR Notebook PC

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

Andy

Monday, November 23, 2009 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi.
    Could you post the full model#, as listed on the build label on the bottom of your notebook?  "DV2000" is a family, with a lot of variety in it.
    Example:  mine's an HP dv6105us (a member of the dv6000 family.)

We can (try to) find you drivers, and help with installing them; but, we need to know exactly what to look for.  ;)

-Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Monday, November 23, 2009 12:00 AM
  • thankS for your attention Chris, the only thing taht i can find on the botton of my lap is :
    product: presario v2000
    s/n: cnf5440pcb
    p/n: eh462ua#aba
    hp v2424n r

thanks again i really really apreciate it.
    Ciro
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:31 AM
  • Thanks, Ciro.
    You full model name/number is Compaq v2424nr.

Please edit your last post now, and remove your serial#.

Give me a little time, and I (maybe someone else, too) will track down drivers for you.  HP/Compaq, unfortunately, doesn't have jack for Vista/Win7 drivers for that model.  :(

-Chris
    Monday, November 23, 2009 4:15 AM
  • Hi again.
    Question for you:
    Did you install a 32- or 64-bit version of Win7?  If you're not sure, open System Properties (Start > right-click Computer > Properties).  What's the "System Type" line say?

I did find a fix for the sound issue.  See this thread for links and instructions.
    I would, though, like to see how your Device Manager looks.  Could you possibly screenshot it, and upload it (and post a link) to Photobucket, Live Skydrive, or a similar photo-sharing site?
    Reason I ask:  the touchpad should "JustWork."  Synaptics touchpads install as generic PS/2 pointing devices.  As such, they should JustWork, so long as the OS can 'see' the PS/2 port.
    It would be helpful (for that, as well as the rest of the driver situation) to see just how much of the system has working drivers in place.

-Chris
    Monday, November 23, 2009 4:25 AM
  • Hello Gatolupa2,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click the problematic device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Compaq Presario V2424NR Notebook PC

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

Andy

Monday, November 23, 2009 9:57 AM
  • Um, Andy?
    HP does not have Vista drivers (much less Win7 drivers) for that system.  ;)

-Chris

Monday, November 23, 2009 12:48 PM
  • here is V2424nr page pick ur OS page

Those are the same listings that Andy linked to (and that I've looked at, at the start of my driver search.)
    There are no Vista drivers there.  Only Win2k/XP.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:50 PM