none
Reboot and select proper boot device

Question

• Hi I have a windows 7 Laptop with virtual PC installed, I have an XP machine installed, I attempted to install a Vista Machine but get this error message attached. My .vhd file is installed on my network drive but that should not make a difference should it?

I have attached a screenshot If someone can point in me the right direction in the meantime I am going to remove the machine on my network drive and install on the C drive

Thanks
    Friday, July 30, 2010 11:03 AM

Answers

• After you create your Vista virtual machine, you need to install the OS.  If you don't have bootable media (CD/DVD/ISO) for the VM to boot from you'll get this error.

You need to insert/capture your Vista DVD so the VM can boot from it, then you can install the OS.

Friday, July 30, 2010 5:35 PM

All replies

• After you create your Vista virtual machine, you need to install the OS.  If you don't have bootable media (CD/DVD/ISO) for the VM to boot from you'll get this error.

You need to insert/capture your Vista DVD so the VM can boot from it, then you can install the OS.

Friday, July 30, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Cheers for that, I discovered that and now have my vista machine up and running :-)
    Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:15 AM