none
Secure download manager is a huge fail, why?

Question

• I can't believe, that Microsoft uses such a crappy download manager!!!! I'm downloading windows for 24h now and it's still not downloaded. How is this possible? Why don't you guys just put a normal download for the iso file or make a torrent? It would be way faster and way better than this crappy SDM. I restarted SDM like 1000000 times and it still won't start downloading windows. Why is this so? How can a huge company like microsoft make such a bullshit download manager? If my file will get downloaded, i could bet a million bugs, that it will be full of errors which have been caused by all those interruptions during downloading. Shame on you!
    Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• 

I’m not sure if here is a suitable place for discussion about this kind of matters.

Do you have a stable internet connection?

What has been your source exactly?

I was really shocked when I read your post guy. Were you OK when you were writing this? I think whole of world have to be proud of Microsoft. Of course it’s true that some of the utilities and gadgets in the Windows are the simple ones, it’s obvious. WordPad is included with Windows, if you want to use complicated micros; you need to buy MS Word.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked the issue in safe mode with networking?

I would suggest you perform clean boot to see if any third party services are causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Also, please refer to the link below about a similar case.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tnfeedback/thread/e1f57272-f07b-4d60-8f42-c49d46c024e6

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Actually, considering the outrageous uselessnes of the secure download manager (I've been trying to download my copy of Office for days now), I would say that Peronaut's response is remarkably controlled.  The software is crappy.  And no-one seems to know how to make it work or what the problem is.  Indeed, one starts to wonder if a pirated copy of Office might be a more convenient option when a purchased product is such a pain to install.

Saturday, December 14, 2013 6:42 PM
  • Actually, considering the outrageous uselessnes of the secure download manager (I've been trying to download my copy of Office for days now), I would say that Peronaut's response is remarkably controlled.  The software is crappy.  And no-one seems to know how to make it work or what the problem is.  Indeed, one starts to wonder if a pirated copy of Office might be a more convenient option when a purchased product is such a pain to install.

Wow. That's all I can say.
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 7:49 PM