none
How to install HP 3570c scanjet on windows 7?

Question

• I am trying to install this scanner on windows 7 VEGAN FANATIC has said they have done it and it works fine. I am not very computer smart so if you could give me simple instructions. Thank you. running windows 7   64 bit.
    Monday, February 08, 2010 5:35 PM

Answers

• exchefspd,
    Hp has no specific drivers for Win 7 for this product. View here.
    So, the answer is to connect it and let Win 7 install Win 7 drivers using Windows Update. Then use the Windows Fax and Scan utility. Click start>type scan in the search box>select Windows Fax and Scan from the search results.
    That's the best that will happen in Win 7 for this device.
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, February 15, 2010 2:38 AM
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:54 AM
  • Hi exchefspd,

As Nano said, HP 3570c scanjet is compatible with Windows 7. Its driver for Windows 7 is provided by Windows Update.

Please unplug all other unnecessary devices and then plug the scanner to see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue persists, please go to Device Manager (Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER) to check the device status.

If the device is not listed in Device Manager, please plug the scanner to another computer and see if it works. If the issue persists in other computers, it is possible the scanner is damaged. It is better to contact HP directly to check the hardware.

Otherwise, if the scanner works on other computers, please refer to this website to troubleshoot the issue: Installing and Uninstalling the HP Photo and Imaging Software in Windows Operating Systems

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue still exists, please go to Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Configure a device and see if the culprit can be found.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:44 AM

All replies

• exchefspd,
    Hp has no specific drivers for Win 7 for this product. View here.
    So, the answer is to connect it and let Win 7 install Win 7 drivers using Windows Update. Then use the Windows Fax and Scan utility. Click start>type scan in the search box>select Windows Fax and Scan from the search results.
    That's the best that will happen in Win 7 for this device.
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:54 AM
  • Windows 7 will not even recognize that i have plugged it in.
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:28 AM
  • are any other usb devices recognized when connected?

Is this isolated to the scanner?

Is the scanner getting power and switched on?

Do you have another usb cable, say from a printer, that you can test that the cable is not bad?
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:44 AM
  • other usb devices are recognized

it is isolated to this scanner 

I have tried two different power cords no change there is no on off switch I have read on HP site it will show no signs of life until it communicates with computer which seems to be the problem computer does not see it at all.

I have used two different usb cables no change 

I was given this scanner from a client and he said he never ever used it once and did not know anything about it

It may be no good but don't know how to even test it to see if that is the case.

Starting to think this is not worth a discontinued scanner
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Hi exchefspd,

As Nano said, HP 3570c scanjet is compatible with Windows 7. Its driver for Windows 7 is provided by Windows Update.

Please unplug all other unnecessary devices and then plug the scanner to see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue persists, please go to Device Manager (Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER) to check the device status.

If the device is not listed in Device Manager, please plug the scanner to another computer and see if it works. If the issue persists in other computers, it is possible the scanner is damaged. It is better to contact HP directly to check the hardware.

Otherwise, if the scanner works on other computers, please refer to this website to troubleshoot the issue: Installing and Uninstalling the HP Photo and Imaging Software in Windows Operating Systems

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue still exists, please go to Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Configure a device and see if the culprit can be found.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:44 AM
  • This is listed as a test for the 2300c only, but the user guide is for 2300c and 3500c series. I don't know any other way to test the hardware. When it is powered on, the light should come or you could try to press scan to see if the light comes on. No usb connection when testing.
    Yes, it is an old one. It's life cycle barely made XP.

From the HP user manual:

a. Disconnect the USB cable and the power cable from the scanner. Make

sure the power cable is still connected to the power source.

b. Press the 

power cable back into the scanner.

The scanner lamp should turn on, and the carriage in the scanner

should move forward and backward.

c. To end the test, unplug the power cable.

If the scanner lamp does not turn on or the carriage does not move, a

problem exists with the scanner hardware. Contact HP Customer Support.

Test the scanner hardware (HP Scanjet 2300c only): SCAN and COPY buttons at the same time, while plugging the
    • Edited by Nano Warp Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:51 AM edited paste
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:51 AM
  • OH well, User guide here-http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bps05750.pdf
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:53 AM
  • Hi: I just downloaded the Scanjet 3570c drivers from HP.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?os=2100&softwareitem=sj-46166-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=74771

Their Vista 64-bit driver works with Windows 7 64-bit. Then I just use the utility provided in Devices and Printers.

Sam

Windows 7 64-bit.

Friday, April 16, 2010 7:13 AM
  • Hi: I just downloaded the Scanjet 3570c drivers from HP.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?os=2100&softwareitem=sj-46166-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=74771

Their Vista 64-bit driver works with Windows 7 64-bit. Then I just use the utility provided in Devices and Printers.

Sam

Windows 7 64-bit.

Vista drivers will work fine under Windows 7.
    Friday, April 16, 2010 9:57 AM
  • superb advice

many thanks

Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:12 AM
  • Thank you jimvan. Simple and efective. Now I can use my HP3570c scanner in Win7

Regards,

Rick

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:43 PM
  • The proposed solution didn't work for me, but I ended up finding a link from HP that did solve my problem: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL17368/sj-46166-1/setup_basic_3500.exe

Good luck!

Sunday, January 06, 2013 4:47 PM
  • I had the same problem; I discovered somewhere  in internet the solution: search the driver in microsoft and install the driver for vista 64 bit. I did it and worked; I'm using windows 7 PRO. It has certain limited functionality, but works.

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:31 PM