none
MSWINSCK.ocx

Question

•  

Hi there,

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, and trying to run an application which requires MSWINSCK.ocx, and the message I always get when I try to run the program is;

Runtime Error '339'

Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered; a file is missing and invalid.

Can you please help me with this, or help me get MSWINSCK.OCX and register it? The error code given when tried to register it is;  0x8002801c

Bam

Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:09 PM

All replies

• I've had this problem like your having as well. I spent a few day's researching and eventually figured out what the problem was and was able to fix the problem. Here's how I successfully registered MSWinSck.OCX on my computer.

1.) Downloaded the Visual Basic 6 SDK "Software Development Kit"

I downloaded this in order to get a copy of CMD which pretty much is the command prompt for windows. In past versions the command prompt was easily found and accessed but in Vista it's no where to be found. This is needed in order to successfully register an OCX

Once you have that installed here's the next step.

2.) Copy the OCX files you wish to register for Vista into the c:\windows\system32 directory

That's probably the easiest step so now it's onto the next.

3.) Click the Windows Vista menu button, you know that little circle in the bottom left of Windows Vista and after you click on it CLICK ON NOTHING ELSE.

Do you notice right above that circle now you'll see a little white area that says search. Well if you have installed the CMD program to get a command prompt in Windows Vista I want you type in CMD into that white box until it displays the CMD program you just installed at the top. BUT DON'T CLICK ON it just yet.

4.) Run your mouse up to where the program is, don't click on it but instead of hitting your left click, right click on it instead.

You'll see a dropdown of several options. One being "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" click that in order to execute it.

If you just click on it without running as administrator your not going to have the permissions required to install the OCX and it's going to fail to install.

Once inside the command prompt navigate to the c:\windows\system32 directory.

If your not really keen on moving around in a command prompt environment just type in the following to get to the C:\ directory first.

cd ..

That will make you back up. You keep typing that until you get to the main c:\ directory CD means change directory incase you don't already know. Next type in the following

cd windows

cd system32

That will get you to the c:\windows\system32 directory

Once in the system32 directory type in regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx and you'll eventually get a message saying the OCX has been successfully registered. You can do this with other OCX files as well. If you have any questions or problems just pop me and e-mail and I can help you out.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:34 PM
  • Thank You VERY VERY MUCH!!
    It Solved my problem!
    Thankx again...

(I read your article and then made it shortcut.. I didnt downloaded anything just simply found CMD and right click *Run as Administrator*
    typed *regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx*) THATZ IT!
    successfully registered!
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Thank You VERY VERY MUCH!!
    It Solved my problem!
    Thankx again...

(I read your article and then made it shortcut.. I didnt downloaded anything just simply found CMD and right click *Run as Administrator*
    typed *regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx*) THATZ IT!
    successfully registered!

Thanks to Mr.Cool.and.hot and GerDude for this!
    Monday, July 13, 2009 6:39 AM
  •  

Hi there,

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, and trying to run an application which requires MSWINSCK.ocx, and the message I always get when I try to run the program is;

Runtime Error '339'

Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered; a file is missing and invalid.

Can you please help me with this, or help me get MSWINSCK.OCX and register it? The error code given when tried to register it is;  0x8002801c

Bam

Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:12 AM
  • Hello Bamaloo!

go to google download MSWINSCK.OCX from any link
    copy it to c:/winodws/system32  copy and replace it with the older version you have already
    now click on start menu typ in the search bar cmd and then right click on it and then choose *run as administrator*
    now you see the cmd is already in this directory *c:/windows/system32*
    write * regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx  * and then press enter
    you will see a message that your file is registered successfully!

if this didn't work then let me know?... 

Mr.Cool and Hot :D

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Hello Bamaloo!

go to google download MSWINSCK.OCX from any link
    copy it to c:/winodws/system32  copy and replace it with the older version you have already
    now click on start menu typ in the search bar cmd and then right click on it and then choose *run as administrator*
    now you see the cmd is already in this directory *c:/windows/system32*
    write * regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx  * and then press enter
    you will see a message that your file is registered successfully!

if this didn't work then let me know?... 

Mr.Cool and Hot :D

Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:37 PM
  • Thanks for the accurate answer...

It worked in a min....

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:02 PM
  • It didn't work for me, can you help?

I tried to register it and it said, "The module "mswinsck.ocx" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32bit) or x64 (64bit) version or regsvr32.exe"

I'm using 32 bit Windows Vista, and MSWINSCK.OCX wasn't even on the computer, so I got the file from:  http://www.OCXdump.com

I need this ocx file to work so I can open a specific program on my computer, I NEED this to work ASAP.
    -Erlend
    Sunday, August 07, 2011 8:18 PM