none
Microsoft Mouse Scroll wheel not working in Windows Virtual PC

Question

• I recently purchased a new Microsoft Mouse (Wireless 5000).  Since installed it in my 'host' machine, scrolling via the mouse wheel does not work in any Windows Virtual PC that I have created.  I have tried re-installing Integration components without getting the scroll wheel to work.

Actually, it will scroll a little if you scroll very fast.  However, it is unusable in this way.

Anyone have similar issues?  Previously I had a Logitech wireless mouse (with scroll wheel) and there were not issue scrolling in Virtual machines.  I have installed the latest Intellipoint drivers in the Host machine.

Thanks,

Tim

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please install Virtual Machine Additions.

Installing Virtual Machine Additions

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:42 AM
  • I am running Windows Virtual PC in Windows 7, so I have installed the Integration Components instead of the Virtual Machine Additions.  The scroll wheel still doesn't work properly.  
    Monday, September 13, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Please uninstall the Logitech mouse driver from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. Then download the Microsoft mouse driver from:

For 64bit

For 32bit

Additionally the following KB article can be helpful.

How to Use Universal Serial Bus Mouse Devices and Keyboards with Virtual PC

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:30 AM