none
Getting the error message that Windows Installer is either corrupt or not installed

Question

• My operating system: Vista 34 bit \ Microsoft Office 2007 Products

The issuse is in installing updates and software.  I keep getting the error message that Windows Installer is either corrupt or not installed in the right place.  I went through trouble shooting and looking at services to see if it is disabled.  Windows Installer Service isn't even listed under services.  I also read that it could be due to the NET Frame application and under services that was disabled so I enabled it - no results.

I downloaded FixIt Center in hopes of running it but received the same error message regarding Windows Installer.  Strange though, the FixIt program that fixes error messages in the registery downloaded and worked fine.

I would like to know how I can fix Windows Installer 4.5 for Vista Home Premium.

I also did the  msiexec /unregister & msiexec/ register step which did not work.

• Edited by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:42 AM Edit title to reflect question
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:42 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:24 AM

All replies