none
Kaspersky Internet Security

Question

• Hello community,

Today I installed my antivir-software Kaspersky-Internet-Security 8.0 on my Windows 7 beta...
    Of course I have a license-key and i do activate it. A message occured and it says that the computer have to do an restart to complete the installation. The laptop shut down and start again. I have installed windows seven beta on my second hdd-partition and so i saw the multiboot-screen. I selected w7 and wait until i see the login-screen. After I entered my password I saw the desktop. The Pc starts the w-lan connection and start live messenger and so on but kaspersky didn´t started. i dont saw the K-symbol in the taskbar. Then the laptop restarts. (First bluescreen and then i saw the toshiba-logo.) Now  this happens every time if i try to use windows 7. And because its shut down immediately, i haven´t got a chance to search the mkistake... And of course it can have another reason why this happen...

thanks for the answers and sorry for bad english i´m from germany

rgx390
    Monday, January 12, 2009 8:38 PM

Answers

• I installed mine. KIS 2009 and no problems.

for rgx, try to uninstall KIS 8.0. This can be due to an incompatibility of KIS 8.0 to Win7.
    • Proposed as answer by Chino Yray Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T JrModerator Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:34 AM

All replies

• You said you installed your Antivirus Software KIS 8.0 tho you should only install the TechDemo you will get from Kaspersky through the Link in Windows 7. Any other Versions may not work properly. I installed the Kaspersky TechDemo For Windows 7 myself after I installed Windows 7 Beta. It works flawlessly here. It rebootet the System after the Installation and it works just fine now.

However do note that you wont see the Kaspersky Icon by default in Windows 7 as its hidden in the Window which appears when you click the little Arrow left from the Action Center Icon (The Flag).

You could try booting in SafeMode and see if you can fix anything there...
    If not I think you'll have to reinstall Windows 7 again :S

greetz
    Silent
    Monday, January 12, 2009 8:59 PM
  • I installed KAV with no problems.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:30 AM
  • I installed mine. KIS 2009 and no problems.

for rgx, try to uninstall KIS 8.0. This can be due to an incompatibility of KIS 8.0 to Win7.
    • Proposed as answer by Chino Yray Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T JrModerator Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:34 AM
  • I installed KIS 2009 and installed fine, but when it tries to upgrade states it can not connect to their server. I am able to go to their site through IE8 though. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:59 PM
  • DavidSm said:

I installed KIS 2009 and installed fine, but when it tries to upgrade states it can not connect to their server. I am able to go to their site through IE8 though. Any ideas?

Windows 7 not connecting to the Internet is a known issue. Try to restart, then run the update for Kaspersky again.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:14 PM
  • SilentStorm - you mention the TechDemo can be gotten through a link in Win7, yet I can find no link to the Kaspersky site.  When I go to the Kaspersky site to get the TechDemo, it is not there.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:58 AM
  • Stonebird One said:

SilentStorm - you mention the TechDemo can be gotten through a link in Win7, yet I can find no link to the Kaspersky site.  When I go to the Kaspersky site to get the TechDemo, it is not there.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    Greg

Here's the link: http://www.kaspersky.com/windows7

Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:04 AM
  • i try to install KAV on Win7, its working. but i think there's a bug while scanning the pc.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:32 AM