none
PROBLEM INSTALLING WINDOWS 7 - CRASH

General discussion

• Hi! I have a laptop, a Toshiba Satellite M40-282 only with a memory ram upgrade to 2GB besides that it's all the same since it came from the store.

I'm trying to install windows 7 beta, because i'm trying it on my desktop and I'm very happy with the result so I like to try it on the laptop so I can test how it really works on batery performance.

I start installing the windows 7 on a partition of the disk with 20GB, and it install it very well with no problem until in the ende does a last restart and when it start to load the windows it stop's ond that black page with the windows figure appearing e saying Starting Windows. The instalation crasches there...

Can somebody help me.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you get any error message when the computer crushed? If so, please let us know.

Then, please try to keep pressing F8 when computer reboot, choose low resolution 640x480 screen to check if the installation continues.

Thank you.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:55 AM
  • Hi!

I didn't get any message, the windows icons just start to splash on the black screen saying "Starting Windows" and it crash. The laptop fan continuous working but it stays crashed... i already let it stay for a long time and nothung happens...

I will try to low the screen resolution...

thanks
    Sunday, April 05, 2009 1:30 AM
  • Hi! I have a laptop, a Toshiba Satellite M40-282 only with a memory ram upgrade to 2GB besides that it's all the same since it came from the store.

I'm trying to install windows 7 beta, because i'm trying it on my desktop and I'm very happy with the result so I like to try it on the laptop so I can test how it really works on batery performance.

I start installing the windows 7 on a partition of the disk with 20GB, and it install it very well with no problem until in the ende does a last restart and when it start to load the windows it stop's ond that black page with the windows figure appearing e saying Starting Windows. The instalation crasches there...

Can somebody help me.

Filas,

Murattoplas,

click on htis link and see if that helps you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/dbdff227-5142-4cc9-964b-2c3ce955be15

Tem vários fatores q podem causar isso... mas verifica o link q te enviei aí.

Good luck.

T-zero
    System: E-Max Intel 945GC-M2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4Gb Ram, Nvidia 9300 512Mb, LG BD Burner, 2x 500Gb HD, Sony Bravia, Windows 7 Beta 7000 x86 and x64.
    Monday, April 06, 2009 1:38 AM
  • Hi!

I didn't get any message, the windows icons just start to splash on the black screen saying "Starting Windows" and it crash. The laptop fan continuous working but it stays crashed... i already let it stay for a long time and nothung happens...

I will try to low the screen resolution...

thanks

Filas,

Murattoplas,

click on htis link and see if that helps you:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/dbdff227-5142-4cc9-964b-2c3ce955be15

Tem vários fatores q podem causar isso... mas verifica o link q te enviei aí.

Good luck.

T-Zero.
    System: E-Max Intel 945GC-M2, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4Gb Ram, Nvidia 9300 512Mb, LG BD Burner, 2x 500Gb HD, Sony Bravia, Windows 7 Beta 7000 x86 and x64.
    Monday, April 06, 2009 1:39 AM
  • Hi!

I try to low the screen resolution to 640x480 and nothing changes.

I will see the link and i hope i found some reason to explain why i can't install windows 7.

Thanks
    Monday, April 06, 2009 9:21 PM
  • The link doesn't report my problem because i don't get into the black screen.

In my case it stops in the "starting windows" screen, when the logo from windows starts flashing up on that screen, it stops... competly crash... the logo stops flashing and it stays there... in the "starting windows" black screen and the logo from windows (with no animation).

thanks any way
    Monday, April 06, 2009 9:33 PM