none
Interactive Services Detection in Windows 7 when creating a pdf

Question

• We recently upgraded our systems to Windows 7.  Since the upgrade, the 'interactive services detection' dialog box opens every time I create a PDF file (I am using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro).  Is there any way to correct this?  Acrobat used to open when the file was created (WinXP), now I get the 'isd' box.  It creates the file, but the dialog box comes up asking me to view the message.  It takes me away from my desktop to view the file (goes to black screen and then displays the file) and I have to close the file in order to get back to my desktop (black screen then back to desktop).  I was able to disable it by going into printer preferences and unchecking 'view adobe pdf results', but I would really like to be able to view my PDF's when they are created.   (We had Adobe Acrobat Reader X installed initially on the system and then installed the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro 9, using AAP9 as the default program for pdf's.  I don't remember if this problem has been occurring since we installed the full version or after Reader X was uninstalled (program was acting funny, so we uninstalled.)   Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• You see this message when a service displays a message to the user. Since Vista the first user is in session 1 so the Services are isolated:

Session 0 Isolation - http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/developers/archive/2009/10/01/session-0-isolation.aspx

Install the latest Updates for Arcobat 9. If this doesn't fix it, contact the Adobe support for an update.

André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:11 PM
  • Hey

Did you ever get this fixed.  We are having the same issue.

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:23 PM
  • I am having the same problem. Just started this week, though I have been using Windows 7 for a year and Acrobat X for at least 6 months. This week I downloaded a PDF statement from my bank and that started the message; now I get it every time I print to PDF from Word. I ALSO created a PDF directly from Word using the button on the Mail Merge toolbar (instead of using the Print dialog). Perhaps that what did it?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:00 PM
  • I am in the same boat as the previous reader.  For me the issue started after an adobe X automatic update sometime around Nov 1, 2011.  I am using version 10.1.1 on Windows 7, 32 bit.
    Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:28 PM
  • Close the message dialog box

Kill UIODetect.exe in Task manager

Rename C:\windows\system32\UIODetect.exe to C:\windows\system32\UIODetect.(exe)

Looking at the .exe's icon, it appears to service camera and printer functionality

Now I can use Acrobat Pro XI's printing without error

Friday, February 15, 2013 10:34 PM