none
Cant see C drive in disk management or device manager

Question

• Hi,

I have 1 hardrive in my comp partitioned into a C and D drive on windows. The C and D drives work fine in windows explorer etc.

But I cant see it in disk Management or device manager. I can see the hardrive in the bios.

I have read through forums and tried installing trojan and adware removers with no luck. I tried a clean boot and verifying the virtual disk service all with no luck. Its very frustrating :( I want to reinstall a new windows and delete the partition so that its only 1 drive, but there are no drives to select from because it cant see them. I'm running Vista home premium.

Please help!, Thanks in advanced.

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

Please open regedit, navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersicn\Policies\Explorer

Check if there is a value called "NoDrives". If so, delete the value, apply the settings and restart the computer to check the result.

or you can manually set the value to 00 00 00 00 which means don't hide any drive.

Please backup the registry before performing the above steps.

Good luck.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:53 AM