none
CANNOT BOOT UP IN SAFE MODE IN WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT

Question

•  last night I noticed that when I tried to start up in safe mode it didnot work. I pressed the f8 key but it didnot work either, the safe mode screen came on for about 2 seconds then it switch to normal start up. I tried this several times but still nothing happened. How can i solve this problem

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Annrich1,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to check if you can boot into Safe Mode.

1.    Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.

2.    Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.

3.    Switch to Boot tab and check Safe boot.

4.    Click OK and restart the computer to check the result.

Does it work?

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Annrich1,

I would like to suggest you perform the following steps to check if you can boot into Safe Mode.

1.    Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.

2.    Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.

3.    Switch to Boot tab and check Safe boot.

4.    Click OK and restart the computer to check the result.

Does it work?

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:39 AM
  • I was running into the same problem and this is what I did to fix it. I had my keyboard plugged into an USB expansion slot and it wasn't reading when I hit F8 during boot up. I simply unplugged the keyboard from one of the expansion slots and plugged it into one of the USB slots that came with the machine. Once I did that, it started recognizing when I pressed F8 and got me into Safe Mode.

Hope this helps! 

Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Thanks it works . I am greatful

Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:41 PM