none
NVIDIA SLI

Question

• I have (2) 8800GTS set up for SLI. After installing the drivers through Windows Update in Win7, I went to the NVIDIA Control Panel to setup or verify my cards where in SLI. There isn't even an option here to set them up!

On my same computer, but running Vista  Ultimate 64 bit on a serperate HDD, I have no problem setting them up in SLI. I have tried different drivers from NVIDIA, but each control panel does not give me the option to set them up in SLI.

Furthermore, my Devices only shows a single card. Anybody having a smiliar experience, and if so, is there a solution?

Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:05 AM

Answers

• I have 2 7900gs in sli, and NVIDIA Control Panel does not show the option to turn on SLI as well. In Windows 7 device manager, it says I need to free up resources in order to enable that card, meaning it may not know that SLI is an option. I plan on checking my bios to see if there is anything in there about it, but this is driving me crazy! I have a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI board.
    As a note, on the NVIDIA site, they said they were working closely with microsoft on the drivers, so I figured they would have this setup.

Any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:56 PM

All replies

• I'm not positive, but i suspect that you might have to wait for a more up-to-date driver from Nvidi. I don't have SLI so i cant say for definite, and others may have got SLI working, but from what i have currently seen, i believe the driver that is out, currently only supports the basics in Windows 7 and that with more time they will have drivers that are as optimised as people are used to getting.
    Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:29 AM
  • I have 2 8800 GT's, I'm using the drivers from Windows Update and I'm able to enable SLI from the NVIDIA Control Panel.  Device manager shows both adapters.  Motherboard is NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI. 
    Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:39 AM
  • I have 2 7900gs in sli, and NVIDIA Control Panel does not show the option to turn on SLI as well. In Windows 7 device manager, it says I need to free up resources in order to enable that card, meaning it may not know that SLI is an option. I plan on checking my bios to see if there is anything in there about it, but this is driving me crazy! I have a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI board.
    As a note, on the NVIDIA site, they said they were working closely with microsoft on the drivers, so I figured they would have this setup.

Any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks
    Saturday, February 07, 2009 8:56 PM
  • As expected, there was nothing in the Bios to help with this problem.
    Checked Gigabyte's website, and nothing is there either.

Saturday, February 07, 2009 9:37 PM
  • I have (2) 8800GTS set up for SLI. After installing the drivers through Windows Update in Win7, I went to the NVIDIA Control Panel to setup or verify my cards where in SLI. There isn't even an option here to set them up!

On my same computer, but running Vista  Ultimate 64 bit on a serperate HDD, I have no problem setting them up in SLI. I have tried different drivers from NVIDIA, but each control panel does not give me the option to set them up in SLI.

Furthermore, my Devices only shows a single card. Anybody having a smiliar experience, and if so, is there a solution?

Andersonn,

Can you give me a complete rundown of the your specs? (I.e. hard drives, cd-roms, etc...)

I am having this same exact problem. Specs are as follows

JetWay 775GT1-LOGE LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz
    3g Kingston DDR2 667 Ram
    2X EVGA 8600 GTS
    Antec 650watt psu
    3 Hard Drives
    2 DVD Burners

I am getting the code 12 in Windows 7 just like you, but everything works fine in Windows XP.

This almost seems like it isn't even a driver issue. It seems that it all goes back to how windows is allocating the resources for the cards when it is detecting and installing the hardware.

I have the most up to date drivers for my mother board and video cards.

Very frustrating.

good luck!

-Joe

Monday, April 13, 2009 2:08 PM
  • I have the same problem with 7100. device manager only see's one card.

I see this thread has been idle for a while, maybe someone has a solution....

I have dual 285GTX's in sli, they work fine in 7000-7077. i still have 7077 on dual boot and they work correctly. the driver is 185.85...the rest of the specs are as follows:

mobo - evga 780i
    ram- 8 gigs crucial ballistic
    HD- raid 5 4x 500gb
    audio- razer AC-1
    ps- 1300 watt

i have my fingers crossed
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:14 PM