none
Bettery 0% available (plugged in, not charging)

Question

• Hello, I got this error "Bettery 0% available (plugged in, not charging)" when upgrade my HP DV6448se to Windows 7 today, I can confirm nothing wrong with my battery, I have 2 HP batteries (6 cells and 12cells) both working for me no problem with Windows Vista. But both got 0% available and not charging in Windows 7. I'm using Windows 7 built 7600 Ultimate.
    note: I'm using the same OS for my Acer laptop and got no problem with the Acer battery.

Please help me out!!!!
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Carter,

According to the notebook model, I cannot find the Pavilion dv6448se Notebook PC drivers for Windows 7 from the HP website.

I would like to suggest you contact HP Support for the BIOS and the driver updates for Windows 7. Please also confirm with them if this model of the laptop is full compatible with Windows 7.

Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:51 AM

All replies

• This is a well known problem in my shop. I suggest putting your battery on ice and make the machine a desktop leashed to the plug. This way you will not kill your battery.

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

See my site for detailed machine information

Saturday, January 23, 2010 10:09 PM
  • I'm not very clear what you are saying...
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:54 PM
  • Does HP support Windows 7 on your machine?

Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe

See my site for detailed machine information

Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:16 AM
  • Are you aware of HP's battery recall? http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/hbpr/  and there's a long running argument going on here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/c6c043e6-eeb1-4e61-870d-896ca2f865d6
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDST [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:29 AM
  • Well, so the problem of the battery can't be fix? I think I have to back to Vista.... :  I love win 7 but I can't use it without battery...
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:47 AM
  • Hi Carter,

According to the notebook model, I cannot find the Pavilion dv6448se Notebook PC drivers for Windows 7 from the HP website.

I would like to suggest you contact HP Support for the BIOS and the driver updates for Windows 7. Please also confirm with them if this model of the laptop is full compatible with Windows 7.

Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:51 AM
  • Hi Everyone,
    I have a HP Compaq 6720s running Windows 7 RC (build 7100) and can confirm that the issue with battery not charging to even 5 % when it reaches 0% is Windows 7 related due to the fact that I am running dual boot with Ubuntu 9.10 (got the installer from http://wubi-installer.org/) that charges the battery to 100 %.

So the workaround in my case is to boot into Ubuntu when battery level reaches critical level in Windows 7 and let that OS re-charge it.

Not the most comfort solution to the issue but it works, I hope someone finds a better solutions so that I can move on to the RTM because else Windows 7 is a very nice OS.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Hi all, i also had same problem with cartel....
    I definitely believe is win 7 problem...
    mine laptop dv 5-1034 tx less then 1 year plus..
     the battery cannot fully charge. sometimes it cannot charge but sometimes still can.it stuck at 88 %. NOW my battery Become more worst .Now i had to remove my batt and use ac Adapter to avoid cause more damage to my batt .  -.-"

Microsoft please pay back my laptop battery, your window 7 had cause my battery degradation.

from disappointing win 7 user.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:02 PM
  • Fix! i had this problem for the last 3 weeks bought a new battery ,returned it, got another then 0% available pops up after a few days again. I tried everything posted but came up with my own fix that seems to be working.1 go to device manager. 2 go to batteries. 3 disable microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery. While it is disabled your battery will charge! after 3 minutes enable it to check by hovering your mouse over the battery icon. When you see it is working disable it again and let your battery charge full and rinse repeat. I hope this helps guys. BTW im using a gateway w350a laptop running Vista.

reply if this helps.
    • Edited by Candyman12 Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:30 AM
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Tons of sites have this topic and nobody seems to come up with an in house fix. I hope mine helps guys!
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:30 AM